The Winnings of Oz Slot Review
The Winnings of Oz is a slot game that the developers at PlayTech created after being inspired by The Wizard of Oz movie. With the Emerald City and yellow brick road in the background, Dorothy, her new friends and cuddly dog Toto spin on the reels. Let the themed bonus features, free spins and super spin wheel increase your balance as you search for the Wizard of Oz.
Bonus Games in The Winnings of Oz
The Winnings of Oz game is a five reel slot that has 25 paylines. There are two bonus games, the Yellow Brick Road and Wizard Bonus as well as a round of unlimited Free Spins.
Yellow Brick Road
The first one is a journey along the yellow brick road. The round starts when the pictures of this famous road drop on the first, third and fifth reels.
A meandering road to the Emerald City with multipliers in each section comes up on the screen. The further Dorothy advances, the greater the multiplier becomes. You can also meet Tin Man, Lion and Scarecrow along the way. Each companion adds to the winnings.
The wheel is located in the right corner of the screen. Click the Spin button below it to advance along the road. Your goal is to reach the Emerald City, where you will launch the second bonus round.
If your bets are high, you can see the Progressive Jackpot image along the path. If you manage to reach this section, big winnings are guaranteed for you.
The second bonus game is Wizard Bonus. You can launch it in two ways: reach the end of the yellow road or get the appropriate symbols to land on the reels. To take a shortcut to The Great and Terrible Oz, you need to land three pictures: two bonus pictures with the yellow road and one picture with the portrait of the Green Wizard. They can land on the first, third and fifth reels.
In this game you have to select 4 coins to open the portraits of the main characters and earn the appropriate prizes. Our characters are:
- The Tin Man
- The Lion
For each character, the Wizard of the Emerald City awards you with a multiplier up to x1,000. If you manage to collect all four multipliers, you get the progressive jackpot.
Free Spins in The Winnings of Oz
In The Winnings of Oz you get free spins, when three symbols with two witches and the words 'Free spins' come up on the second, fourth and fifth reels. You do not have to place any bets to spin the reels, this is why they are called 'free spins'.
You can restart free spins an unlimited number of times. Portraits of the good and the wicked witches may come up on the reels in this round. The good witch is the Wild symbol that replaces all others to complete winning combinations. The wicked witch is the Scatter that finishes the free spins. You have to collect five wicked witches to end the free spins and initiate the super spin.
In addition, the witches increase your bet as well:
- Combinations with the good witch have a multiplier of 50, 400 or 1,000, depending on their number on the reels: three, four or five portraits,
- Combinations with the wicked witch are created with as few as 2 symbols landing on the reels. Their multipliers are 3, 10, 100 or 500, depending on their number
Another feature is that you can collect portraits of both witches while the free spins are still running. When the free spins are over, the final battle between the witches begins. This is the super spin. The collected images are displayed on the screen. The more white witches there are, the greater your odds to win big.
The Winnings of Oz Gameplay
The Winnings of Oz has a fairly wide range of settings. The control panel buttons can be subdivided into two groups:
- The bet setting and information options
- Setting the reels in motion
Bets and Values
First, pay attention to the Info button that opens up the paytable. The table shows the values for all symbols and characteristics of the bonus games. Secondly, there is a progressive jackpot counter displayed above the reels.
To place your bet, find the Lines and Line Bet sections:
- The Lines section displays active paylines. A payline is a set of boxes where symbols line up. Use the +/- buttons on the bottom of the Lines section to change the value from 1 to 25 lines. The more lines that are activate, the greater your odds of winning. In this case, the value of your total bet increases as well
- The Line Bet section displays your bet per line. Set the value from 0.01 to 5 game units by using the same +/- buttons
The options to adjust your bet and balance are as follows:
- The Win section in the centre shows the size of your winnings for the current spin Spin launches the reels
- The Total Bet shows your total bet per one spin Your total bet depends on the number of active lines and the size of your bet per line
Spinning the Reels
Once you place your bet, you can go ahead and launch the reels. There are two ways to do it in The Winnings of Oz:
- Spin launches one single spin
- Autoplay is an automatic mode, where you do not need to click the button each time you spin the reels
Click this button and you will see a list of numbers from 10 to 99 spins. Click any button to start autospins. A window with the countdown will appear instead of this button and the Stop button will replace the Spin button. You can wait until the end of the autospins or you can stop the auto game at any time.
Symbols and Multipliers in The Winnings of Oz
Almost all the symbols in The Winnings of Oz have values. Such as the multiplier, whose rate depends on the type and number of identical pictures on one line. Your winnings consist of your bet multiplied by the corresponding factor.
The pictures in the slot can be subdivided into two types: special pictures and pictures with multipliers.
Values of Symbols
The highest-paying icon is the logo with the name of The Winnings of Oz slot:
- Five pictures of this kind increase your bet by 2,000 times
- Four – by 800
- Three – by 100
Also, values of other symbols vary depending on how many are on one line:
- Dorothy holding her dog - 50, 400 and 1,000 respectively
- The trio of Scarecrow, the Tin Man and the Lion – 25, 200 and 500
- Silver shoes – 25, 100 and 250
- The house in Kansas – 15, 75 and 125
- Aces - 10, 50 and 75
- Kings and Queens – 5, 15 and 50
- Jacks and Tens – 4, 10 and 25
Besides the pictures with multipliers that earn you winnings, The Winnings of Oz features special symbols as well. The logo not only has the highest multiplier but acts as the Wild symbol. It can replace any other symbols on the payline to complete winning combinations.
Two other special symbols are the bonuses. The first symbol is the yellow brick road, the second one is the Terrible Wizard from the Emerald City. If three pictures of this kind land on the first, the third and the fifth reels, the bonus games start. In the bonus games, portraits of Dorothy's companions come up on the screen which increase your winnings.
Another special symbol is the Scatter with two pictures of the good witch and the wicked witch. Three such pictures award you with free spins. Two Scatter symbols may come up on the reels, one symbol is the good witch, the other one is the wicked witch.
The Winnings of Oz has a large number of bonus games and free spins and the chance to hit a large jackpot if you play for real money. You can play this slot for free in its demo version at NeonSlots.com or try other Wizard of Oz slots World of Oz and Wizard of Oz - The Road to Emerald City.