Microgaming Casinos & Games
Microgaming was founded in 1994 and they were one of the first companies to launch an online casino and supply gambling games including slots. They provide solutions for sports betting and have developed gaming platforms.
Microgaming Casinos and Partnerships
Microgaming’s products can be encountered in various online platforms, poker rooms and bingo sites worldwide and their software is used by online casinos such as:
- Carmen Media Group
- Fortune Lounge Group
- Palace Group
Microgaming does not acquire other companies unlike Novomatic or Amaya, for example. The company is mainly focused on partnership agreements, so its organisation still remains relatively monolithic. Some of their partners are: EveryMatrix, Pariplay, Gamevy, Playson, Kiron Interactive, Universal Pictures, Betdigital, Labgame and Push Gaming.
Microgaming Slots and Games
Microgaming’s games list has more than 300 slot machines and they release new online slots each month. They often release innovative games that do not resemble any classic slots. Most of their video and online slots have 5 reels, a large number of multi level bonuses and 20 to 25 paylines, but you can often come across slots with a multitude of ways to create a winning combination. The majority of slots by Microgaming let you stop the reels prematurely and if you click on a symbol, a list showing the payouts for its combinations will pop up.
The themes of the video slots have a wide range and include fantasy, franchises, classic slots, fruits and zombies. They have also developed many brand name slot machines that are themed to movies and TV series, such as Terminator 2, Jurassic Park, Game of Thrones and Bridesmaids.
Best Microgaming Slots
Below are the 5 most popular slots developed by Microgaming:
- Immortal Romance - a five-reel slot that features 243 ways to create winning combinations. The Wild symbol will double the rewards for winning combos and freespins from four levels. The Wild Desire bonus can turn 1 to 5 reels into wild ones. The Chamber of Spins bonus features free spins on four levels that get unblocked one after another. Each type of free spins features its own special symbols or multipliers
- Thunderstruck II - a 5 reel slot that has 243 different ways a winning combo can be created. The slot's theme is related to Scandinavian Gods. The mechanics resemble Immortal Romance. The Wild symbol will double your payout for a winning combo. The Wildstorm bonus can turn 1 to 5 reels into wild ones. The Great Hall of Spins bonus features four levels of free spins with various multipliers and special symbols
- Mega Moolah - a five-reel slot with 25 paylines. The Wild symbol will double your payout for winning combos. You have a chance to qualify for some free spins where your winnings will be tripled. The game also features a four-level progressive jackpot that consists of prizes of different sizes. The highest one is called Mega Progressive and starts at 1,000,000 credits
- Candy Dreams - a slot that comes with five reels aligned in a diamond-shaped pattern. The slot features 720 ways to create winning combinations around of free spins and the Candy Planet Bonus you pick the symbols to earn the rewards. The highest reward possible reaches 110,000 demo credits
- Fortune Girl - a five-reel slot that comes with 15 paylines and is themed to Chinese culture. You can get a round of free spins where symbols are stacked and extra multipliers are awarded. During the game the symbols will land in stacks, and by the end of the spin they will open up and turn into other pictures. The highest prize is 1,200 total bets for 15 Scatters
Microgaming is famous for its broad network and large quantity of over 40 progressive jackpots. It was Microgaming who developed the Mega Moolah video slot, which has been regularly paying multimillion jackpot prizes. High rollers are quite familiar with these names:
- Major Millions
- Mega Moolah
- Cash Splash
- King Cashalot
- Lotsa Loot
All of these games feature progressive jackpots that can be won thanks to the system that links the company's slots together.
Casino Games by Microgaming
Microgaming has also released over 70 other kinds of gambling entertainment products including poker, blackjack, roulette, baccarat and Sic Bo. They have developed over 50 different versions of video poker and the most popular are Deuces Wild and Jacks or Better. Providing some of these games with progressive jackpots is also attracting players, the most popular are: Poker Ride, Progressive Cyberstud Poker, Roulette Royale and Triple Sevens Blackjack.
Microgaming has developed and released over 850 games in 1,200 different versions. They continue to supply the following products and services:
- Slot machines
- Progressive jackpot slots
- Roulette games
- Bingo games
- A network of poker rooms
- Live games
- Solutions for sports betting
- Software products for casino operators
- Quickfire platform
The company also provides services and software tools in the area of marketing, management, customer service, safety, technical support and payment systems.
Microgaming’s Quickfire Platform
As of May, 2010, Microgaming has been supplying and supporting the Quickfire platform, which integrates all software quickly and easily. Virtually all of the company's games are featured on the Quickfire platform, which also supports the network of worldwide jackpots. The Quickfire iQ module provides convenient tools for running games and bonus programs, collecting statistics and conducting other operations. This platform also supports the online games that are available on both PCs and mobile devices.
Microgaming Poker Network
The MPN poker network has been in existence since March 2003 and is recognised as the longest standing in the market. Prima Poker was the very first poker room and MPN poker provides access to more than 20 different poker platforms. Its base employs poker rooms on such platforms as: Betsson, Paf, Guts, Olybet and 32Red. What makes Microgaming different from other poker companies is that the company signs contracts with the poker rooms instead of the players and the poker rooms work directly with the client. The MPN network hosts many tournaments that feature high bets and big payouts.
Microgaming History and Structure
Microgaming was founded in 1994 and was one of the first to launch an online casino. In 1997 the company founded the Interactive Gaming Council (IGC). This organisation deals with the issues of casinos to ensure fair and responsible play and protect consumer rights.
Cash Splash was one of the very first online slots with a progressive jackpot and provided an opportunity for customers to download the games and play online. Originally their online games and casino games were released online via Flash whereas the company has now moved to using HTLM5. Microgaming announced the greatest win in online casino history with the game Mega Moolah in May, 2009, when a player received 6,374,434 USD. Later, a new record was reached in October 2015 with a prize payout of 13,209,300 GBP. In May, 2016, Microgaming also launched games that use Virtual Reality.
Throughout the years of its existence the company has been nominated for many awards and in 2016 they received three major awards for specific achievements:
- EGR B2B Awards 2016- Software Products for Poker Games
- Global Gaming Awards 2016 - Digital Product of the Year
- IGA 2016 - Innovator of the Year
The company ranks second only to NetEnt in terms of the volume of gambling games and similar products manifest in online casinos. The developers call themselves pioneers of the casino world, and in many respects this statement remains true.
The company's corporate headquarters are located at: MGS House, Circular Road, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1BL. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone+44 (0)1624 647777. Fax +44 (0)1624 647778.
Roger Raatgever has been CEO of Microgaming since 2001. Other key figures:
- Neil Whyte - responsible for the strategic promotion of products
- John Coleman - Chief Financial Officer
- Janine Woodford-Dale - Director of Marketing and Sales
- Lydia Barbara - Head of Innovation Strategy
- Jean-Luc Ferrier - Director of Network Games
- Alastair Ross - Head of Microgaming Asia
- Paul Elliott - Director / Head of Operations at Microgaming Asia PTE
- Melissa Summerfield - VP of Operations - Gibraltar, Spain and LATAM
The company has over 2,000 employees.