Rules of European Roulette
The following rules are specific to the European version of roulette.
- The wheel displays 37 numbers (18 red, 18 black and one green zero)
- The European Roulette Wheel layout has the numbers in this order 0, 32, 15, 19, 4, 21, 2, 25, 17, 34, 6, 27, 13, 36, 11, 30, 8, 23, 10, 5, 24, 16, 33, 1, 20, 14, 31, 9, 22, 18, 29, 7, 28, 12, 35, 3 and 26
- The payout ratio is 35 to 1 for bets made on individual numbers
- The inscriptions for bets on the gaming table are generally in English with Spanish and French being featured less frequently
- The betting table is asymmetrical, just as is true of French Roulette, and the more simple bets are positioned closer to players
- Oral bets may be placed for a series of numbers, although often, there is an additional betting field
European Roulette is a fast and dynamic game, 5-6 people can comfortably fit around the table and placing bets is possible either before or after the roulette ball is thrown, provided the wheel is still turning via the cylinder and until the dealer declares that all bets are closed, which is approximately three wheel rotations before the ball falls on the winning number. The croupier/dealer throws the roulette ball, assists players, accepts bets, declares the winning number, collects chips and gives out winnings. Discover more on how to play european roulette and other casino games for real money in fully licensed legal casinos.
European Roulette Free Games
Neonslots offers you free European roulette no download games from different software developers so you can play without registering at a casino.
- Wazdan is a leading game provider in the Asian market. They have a good range of slots and other casino table games, including a virtual European roulette game.
- Playtech offers a wide variety of online roulettes including 3D roulette with high quality graphics, Premium Roulette, Roulette Pro and European Roulette.
- Greentube is the world's largest game maker that operates in all segments of the gaming market. Their range of roulettes includes European Roulette, Mystery Roulette, Globe Roulette and Vegas Roulette.
- 1x2 Gaming is a developer of online and football games that is based in the United Kingdom. Their portfolio covers a wide variety of themes including European Roulette.
- NextGen is one of the main producers of slot machines for online casinos. They also develop casino table games, including one called Roulette Master.
- Mircogaming is a software developer that has managed to become one of the main suppliers of online gaming products. Like others, it also has European roulette games including European Roulette, European Roulette Gold and Premier Roulette.
- Play'n GO has developed a European Roulette online game with high quality graphics.
- iSoftBet, despite being one of the youngest developers in the gaming industry has managed to position itself as one of the leading providers of online games including Roulette Silver and European Roulette.
- WGS is one of the oldest developers of online casino games but according to the opinions of users, they are very comfortable and easy to use. As with the other major software developers they also offer European Roulette.
All casino table games, including roulette, are available on our website in their free trial versions. The demo versions can be played online without registering on the web. In addition, we have prepared information on roulette strategies so you can improve your skills before you start playing with money.
European Roulette Bets
The payment table for European Roulette is as follows:
- Straight Up - bets on a single number, the payment ratio is 35 to 1
- Split - bets placed on two consecutively located numbers, pays 17 to 1
- Street - bets placed with three consecutively located numbers in the same perpendicular line (or row) of the game field, the payout is 11 to 1
- Trio - bets on the first three numbers, zero, 1 and 2, or zero, 2 and 3, the payment ratio is 11 to 1
- Corner - bets placed on four numbers that form a square, pays 8 to 1
- Double Street - bets for six numbers situated consecutively on two perpendicular lines (2 rows of 3 numbers) on the game field, the payout is 5 to 1
- Column - bets on one of the three longitudinal lines or columns, the payment ratio is 2 to 1
- Dozen - bets for each 12 numbers either 1 to 12 (first dozen) or 13 to 24 (second dozen) or 25 to 36 (third dozen),pays 2 to 1
- Even/Odd - bets on all numbers that are odd or even, the payment ratio is 1 to 1
- Low/High - bets on all the lower numbers (1-18) or all the high numbers (19-36), pays 1 to 1
- Red/Black - bets on all red or all black, payment ratio is 1 to 1
Irrespective of the bets made by the player, the casino takes 2.7% in European Roulette.
Having tried out the European Roulette free online demo versions, you might like to discover the free to play American or French Roulettes.