Alaska Wild Slot by Casino Technology Review
Alaska Wild is a slot by Casino Technology. It comes with five reels, 50 paylines, a Wild symbol, free spins and a risk game where you can double your winnings. The maximum win with the biggest bet is 10,000 credits for the combination of five Wild symbols.
|Features||Scatter, Gamble Round, Jackpot|
Game rules of Alaska Wild
The Alaska Wild slot is released in two versions: with html5 and flash technologies. According to the functional characteristics, both models are almost identical. They have only a different interface design and different ways to control the game, accordingly.
The control panel of the flash version of the slot consists of the following function buttons and information windows:
- Bet — adjusts the size of the bet per line from 1 to 10 credits
- Lines — selects the number of active paylines from 1 to 50
- Auto Off — launches a series of auto spins. However, this button is only available in the full version of the slot
- Pay Table — opens a section with game rules, a description of bonuses and a list of payouts for winning combinations of symbols. To scroll through the pages of the section, use the "left" and "right" buttons and to close it — the Exit button
- Start — begins one spin Clicking it again stops the reels before time
- Total Bet — displays the size of the total bet per spin. If you click this window, the maximum bet of 500 credits is set. Clicking it again brings up the latest option of the bet
- Credit — shows the current state of your account in credits. If you click this section, it will change to Cash and the balance will be displayed in virtual units
- Win — shows the sum of the latest win
- Game Menu — opens a section with advanced settings of game parameters
The Game Menu has additional buttons:
- The Lines buttons with numbers 1-15, 15-15, 15-40, 40-50 and 50 — activate the necessary number of paylines
- The Bet buttons with numbers 1-1, 1-3, 3-5, 5-10 and 10 — adjust the number of credits placed on a line
- Max Bet — sets the maximum bet per spin in one click
- Auto Play — another button to configure auto spins. But it is available only in the real game
- Music — disables the music
- Help Pays — opens the section of payout
The control console of the html5 version of the Alaska Wild slot has four sections:
- Win — shows the size of your win for the spin in credits
- Total Bet — the total bet (the bet per line multiplied by the number of active paylines). After clicking this section, a button in the form of a green triangle with a "+" sign comes up. Each click on it raises the size of your bet per line by one
- Credit — the number of credits available to you. If you click this section, it will change to Cash, the same way as in the flash version
- One more rectangular section displays the numbers of paylines with winning combinations, the symbols which have formed them and rewards for each combo
Besides the section on the panel, the given version of the slot has two buttons:
- A blue button on the right — launches a spin of the reels
- An orange button on the left — opens the menu where you can place the bet
In this menu, you can configure three values:
- Bet — the number of credits placed per line, from one to ten
- Lines — the number of paylines active in a spin, from one to fifty
- Auto Play — the number of auto spins. You have only two options: five and one hundred spins
You can the values of the sections using the triangular buttons with the "+" and "-" signs.
Both versions of the game have an additional way of activating paylines. On both sides of the game window are found sections with payline numbers: in the flash version — from 1 to 50, in the html5 — from 1 to 5. Click them to set the corresponding number of paylines. You need to enter the Settings menu to adjust more than five paylines in the html5 version of the game.
In the html5 version of the slot, a green button with the "i" letter, which opens an additional screen with a paytable and game rules, is found in the top left corner of the game window.
The flash version of the slot has several additional buttons:
- The button in the form of a note — disables the music
- The button in the form of a loudspeaker — turns the sound off
- The button in the form of a rectangle with four arrows pointing in different directions — activates a full-screen game mode
The html5 version of the slot has no buttons to control the sound in its interface. At the start of the game, you have to decide whether the game will be played with or without the sound.
Symbols and multipliers of the Alaska Wild slot
Alaska Wild uses both regular and special symbols.
The Wild symbol is the picture of a brown bear. To complete winning combinations, it can replace any picture, except for Scatter. With the bet per line of one credit, it forms winning combinations with the following prizes:
- 3 Wilds — 50 credits
- 3 Wilds — 100
- 5 Wilds — 1,000
The Scatter symbol is the picture of a blue flower. It:
- Awards you five free spins
- And adds 2 times your total bet to your balance, for three Scatters
- Comes up only on the reels 2, 3 and 4
The slot involves ten regular symbols. Their multipliers are:
- A squirrel or a fox — 25, 100 or 400 credits for 3, 4 or 5 pictures respectively
- An eagle or an owl — 15, 75 or 250
- A perch or two salmon — 5, 50 or 150
- A, K, Q and J — 5, 15 and 100
All payouts are displayed in credits with the bet per line of one credit. As the bet grows, the payouts go up accordingly.
Combinations are considered as winning only if they begin from the leftmost reel.
You win free spins if three Scatter symbols — three pictures of a blue flower — land on the reels.
During the round of free spins, you have a chance to win free spins again. The game is played with the same bet that was in place during the latest spin in the normal mode.
After each spin in the Alaska Wild slot, you have a chance to raise the size of a win which is ten times less than the total bet. To do this in the html5 version of the slot, you have to click the orange button on the left which displays x1. This means that you wish to play the risk game. In the flash version, the Game Menu button is used for this purpose — it shows the words Double Up. If you have no desire to risk your winnings, click the blue button on the right. It displays the image of a hand or the Take Win words (depending on the game's version), which means that you can take your win with no risk.
If you agree for the risk game, you go to an additional screen where you can see a deck of playing cards. Before the top card face down is dealt, you must guess the colour of its suit or the suit itself. To do this, click the corresponding buttons with signs of card suits or the Red and Black words. A correctly guessed colour of the suit will multiply your win in the main game twice and the suit four times. If you guess incorrectly, all credits won in the round and for the latest spin are zeroed.
You have access to the history of the risk game which shows the ten latest cards dealt. At any time, you can finish the risk game by taking all your winnings and return to the main game by clicking the Start button.
You choose whether to risk all the win or only half of it. For this, in the html5 version, click the orange button on the left to change the numbers on it:
- X1 — play for the entire win earned in the main game
- ½ — play for a half of your reward for the spin
In the flash version of the slot, you can use the Double Up or Half Gamble buttons, respectively.
The double-or-nothing game lasts until the win reaches fifty times the total bet. In this case, the risk game ends automatically, your winnings are added to your account and you return to the main game.
The Alaska Wild slot suits players who prefer a simple and clear gameplay and decent payouts, especially with high bets.