African Magic Online Slot by Casino Technology - Game Review & Play Free
African Magic by Casino Technology is a slot with five reels, twenty-five paylines and a maximum win of 200,000 credits. Its features are:
- Two Wild symbols one of which has a multiplier of x2
- A super game with better chances to win
Game rules of African Magic
Casino Technology has released the African Magic slot in two versions: flash and html5. The versions differ in their interface design and ways of setting game parameters. Their functional characteristics hardly differ.
The control of the flash version of the slot can be done in two ways: using the panel or the settings menu which is opened with the Game Menu button. The following buttons and information windows are found on the panel:
- Bet — to place from 1 to 20 credits per line
- Lines — to activate from 1 to 25 paylines
- Auto Off — to launch a series of auto spins. However, this button is not available in the trial version of the slot
- Pay Table — opens the section with the description of bonuses and the list of payouts for winning combinations of symbols. To scroll through the pages of the section, use the "left" and "right" buttons, for closing — the Exit button
- Start — to launch one spin and to stop the reels before time, when you click it again
- Total Bet — displays your total bet per spin. One click on this section activates the maximum bet of 500 credits. One more click sets the previous bet
- Credit — informs you about the current state of your game balance in credits. You need to click it one time to switch this window to Cash for displaying your account in virtual units
- Win — displays the amount of the latest win
The Game Menu section has additional buttons for adjusting game parameters:
- The Lines buttons with numbers 1-10, 10-15, 15-20, 20-25 and 25 — activate the necessary number of paylines
- The Bet buttons with numbers 1-2, 2-4, 4-10, 10-20 and 20 — adjust the size of your bet per line
- Max Bet — sets the biggest bet per spin of 500 credits
- Auto Play — the button to configure auto spins. It is available only in the full version of the slot
- Music — adjusts the sound volume
- Help Pays — opens the paytable
In the flash version, paylines can be also activated in another way: with special coloured buttons found on both sides of the game window. You activate one payline at a time by clicking any of them.
On the control panel of the html5 version of the African Magic slot you can find four windows with the data:
- Win — shows the result of the spin
- Total Bet — displays your total bet. The button in the form of a green triangle with a "+" sign will come up if you click this window. Each click on this button raises the size of your bet per line by one credit
- Credit — displays the number of credits available to you. If you click this window, it will change to Cash and the balance will be displayed in virtual units
- In the case of a win, the information section found directly below the reels shows the paylines on which winning combinations have been formed, the number of symbols in the winning combination and the reward for each of them
In addition to the windows, you can see two buttons on the panel in the html5 version of the slot. They have no words on them, but the blue button with a triangle launches a spin of the reels and the orange one with a gear opens an additional window where you can adjust the bet.
The sections with numbers of paylines from 1 to 5 are found on both sides of the reels. You can activate the corresponding number of paylines using them. If you want to raise their number, you need to use an orange button with a gear. Clicking it will show three sectors in the additional settings window:
- Bet — adjusts the bet per line of one to twenty credits
- Lines — displays the number of active paylines from one to twenty-five
- Auto Play — to select the number of auto spins: 5 or 100
Each section has the "+" and "-" buttons to change the value.
In the top left corner, the green button with the "i" letter opens an information window with the paytable and the description of game rules.
In both versions of the game, you can take part in the double-or-nothing round after a successful spin. To confirm your participation, use the Double Up button (for the flash version) or ×2 (for the html5 one). To pick up the winnings and continue the main game, you have to click the Take Win button or the button with a palm.
The flash version of the slot has several additional buttons that are not available in the alternative version. These are:
- The icon with a note — disables the music
- The image of a loudspeaker — completely mutes the sound of the game
- The button in the form of a rectangle with four arrows — turns the full-screen mode of the game on
Symbols and multipliers of African Magic
The slot comes with regular and special symbols.
The Wild symbol is the picture of an African witch. To complete a winning combination, this picture can replace any other, except for both Scatter and Wild with a multiplier. With the bet per line of one credit, it also forms winning combinations with the following payouts:
- 3 pictures — 100 credits
- 4 pictures — 500
- 5 pictures — 10,000
The second Wild symbol is the picture of a leopard's eye. If a winning combination is formed with the participation of one such Wild symbol, the reward for it is doubled compared to the standard amount from the paytable. If a combination involves two of these pictures, the reward is raised four times. In the main game, it comes up only on the reels four and five, and during free spins, only on reel four. It replaces all other pictures, except for Scatter.
The Scatter symbol is the picture of a hut. If three Scatters land in the game window, they pay you 5 times the total bet and trigger free spins.
The slot involves ten regular symbols. With the bet per line of one credit, rewards for combinations with these pictures are:
- Brown masks — with horns and with a bird's beak — 20, 200 and 1,250 credits for 3, 4 and 5 pictures, respectively
- Green heads — 15, 75 and 500
- A and K — 10, 50 and 125
- Q, J, 10 and 9 — 5, 25 and 100
All winnings in the paytable are shown in credits. All winning combinations (not counting combinations with the Scatter symbol) are formed starting from the leftmost reel.
When three Scatter symbols come up on the game screen, it awards you 15 free spins with a multiplier of x2. The picture of a hut comes up only on the reels three, four and five.
During free spins you have a chance to win free spins again. You not only get 15 additional free spins but also access to the second level of free spins called a super game.
During the super game, only the following pictures may come up on the reels:
- Pictures of brown masks and green heads
- The Wild symbol
- The Wild symbol with a multiplier of x2 (on the fourth reel only)
The number of paylines and the bet per line during free spins and super games are the same as during the spin when the first free spins have been won.
In the African Magic slot, you have a chance to raise any win in the risk game if it's less than ten times the total bet. For this:
- In the flash version of the game, the Take Win words (the image of a hand) come up on the Start button (the blue button with a triangle image for the html5 version) — you refuse the double-or-nothing game and pick up your winnings with it
- The Double Up words or x2, depending on the version of the slot, come up on the button with a gear — you agree to the risk game with its help and go to an additional window
A card face down comes up on the screen of the risk game. Here, you need to guess the colour of the suit or the suit of the card that will be opened. For this purpose, use the corresponding buttons with the "Red" and "Black" words and the buttons with images of card suits. The guessed colour of the suit will raise your win earned in the main game twice and the guessed suit four times. The wrong guess will result in the loss of everything won earlier, both in the main game and in the risk round.
You can bet all the win for the main game or half of it as well. For this, click the button in the bottom left corner, and choose one of the options: Half Gamble(½) or Double Up (х2).
To exit the risk game mode and take all that you have won previously, you need to click the blue button on the right. You can see the game history — the latest ten cards dealt.
The maximum win in the double-or-nothing game is 50 times your total bet. Once this limit is reached, you automatically go to the main game. If you lose in the risk round, you don't go automatically to the main game screen — you need to click the blue button on the right.