Bars and Stripes Online Slot - Play Free
The Bars and Stripes slot machine was developed by Microgaming. It offers five game reels and twenty five paylines. The slot is based on the American symbols. In addition to common pictures the game features icons with special functions — the Wild to double your winnings that opens a round of free spins and a special symbol that triggers the bonus game.
All the active lines pay in the demo version. You can bet from 1 to 250 virtual coins per spin. When you activate the highest bet, the maximum win can reach up to 50,000 coins.
Game principles in Bars and Stripes
Before you start playing Bars and Stripes, we recommend you get familiar with the interface. It has two modes — regular and expert. To activate either of them use the Regular/Expert button at the very bottom of the screen. The regular mode offers you a reduced set of function buttons. These are:
- The "+" and "-" buttons that set the value of a coin. Available options include 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.1, 0.2, 0.25, 0.5, 1 and 2
- The Select Lines button sets the number of active paylines (from 1 to 25)
- The Select Coins button sets the bet per line (from 1 to 10 coins)
- The Bat Max button activates all paylines, sets the highest bet on them and triggers one spin
- The Spin button starts one reel spin
When you activate the expert mode, a few more buttons appear on the control panel:
- 10× starts 10 automatic spins with the bet you have selected
- 5× starts 5 automatic spins
- AutoPlay opens a window with settings for a series of auto spins. Here you can select the number of auto spins (from 5 to 100) and conditions that stop the session
Initially, you have 100,000 virtual coins in your account. Each coin has a value of 1. You can see the up-to-date balance in the Coins column. You can also see it at the bottom of the screen in the Demo Coins window. You can select and use the coins of different value to make bets. Note that the amount of coins in your account and the amount you win depend on the value of coins you choose.
The total bet per spin is displayed in a special section above the Bet Max button and the current win, in the Win section. You will find the respective figures above the Select Lines and Select Coins buttons — the current number of active lines and the valid bet per line. In the expert mode you will find the additional Spins window with the counters showing used and remaining auto spins.
To view all possible winning combinations and their appropriate rewards, open the paytable by clicking the View Payout button. This section also offers the description of main functions performed by special symbols.
You can find 3 additional buttons under the control panel:
- The Options button opens service settings. This button is disabled in the demo mode
- The Stats button opens the window with the game statistics. This button is disabled in the free game
- The Regular/Expert button switches the mode of the interface
To turn off the sound, click a loudspeaker button in the top right hand corner of the screen. There you will also see a question mark button. It opens the section with the official rules of the game.
Symbols and multipliers of the Bars and Stripes slot machine
The symbols of the Bars and Stripes slot include 11 common and 3 special icons. The common symbols produce combinations of 3 (2 in rare cases), 4 or 5 identical elements. Only continuous series, starting with the first reel, award winnings. Scatter and bonus symbols are the only exceptions that win regardless of their position.
The basic symbols of the slot award the following factors:
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 icons with the head of an eagle landing along one line pay 4, 60, 300 and 600 times the bet per line, correspondingly
- The Statue of Liberty — 3, 50, 200 and 400
- 3, 4 and 5 pictures of the USA flag pay 40, 100 and 300 times the bet per line
- The number seven painted in the US flag colours — 30, 60 and 200
- Golden bars with the word "Bar" — 25, 50 and 100
- The baked turkey — 20, 40 and 75
- The apple pie — 15, 30 and 60
- A hamburger and chips — 12, 25 and 50
- The hot-dog — 10, 20 and 30
- A glass of beer — 6, 15 and 25
- "Oreo" cookies — 5, 12 and 20
Special symbols include:
- Bars and Stripes branded logo — the Wild symbol. This icon can replace any picture required to complete or continue a winning combination. The exceptions are the Scatter and the Bonus symbol. All combinations that include the Wild symbol pay twice the amount. In addition, the branded logo creates its own combos — the highest-paying combinations of the slot. If 2, 3, 4 or 5 Wilds land along one active line, they will pay you 10, 150, 1,000 and 5,000 times the bet per line, accordingly
- American football — Scatter. When 3, 4 or 5 pictures of the ball appear simultaneously anywhere on the game screen, the total bet set on one spin increases 2, 20 and 200 times
- A hat painted in the colours of the USA flag — the Bonus symbol. If at least three hat icons appear on the screen at the same time, it will activate the bonus round where you can earn up to 47,500 coins
Bonus round in the Bars and Stripes slot
The Bars and Stripes slot game features one bonus round named "Hat". To activate the round, collect three, four or five bonus symbols of the hat on the reels.
During the bonus round you have to choose among the hats with random bonuses under them. You have from one to three attempts depending on the number of bonus symbols that triggered the round. If 3 hats landed, you can open only one box. If 4 — two boxes and 5 — three boxes.
Winnings shown in the open boxes depend on the total bet per spin that were valid when the bonus game started. Therefore, the more you bet in the main game, the more you can win in the bonus round. At the end of the round all rewards are added up and credited to your account. After that you return to the main game.
Bars and Stripes is a game slot with quality graphics and a user-friendly interface. The slot machine has attractively high multipliers for winning combinations. Five branded logos Bars and Stripes landing along one line will award you the maximum multiplier of ×5,000. The bonus round is an interesting feature that invites you to select the boxes with hats and receive additional coins into your account.