Drone Wars Online Slot
Drone Wars is a space-themed slot with 5 reels and 25 paylines developed by Microgaming. The slot features ten regular symbols and two special ones — Wild and Scatter. Besides regular spins, the slot offers bonus options — free spins and a bonus round.
The highest-paying symbol is the Wild featuring a round drone with pink hexagons. A combination of five of these symbols pays 1,000 times your line bet. Theoretical Return to Player of the slot is 95.99%.
How to play Drone Wars for free
In the free version of Drone Wars as the slot is loaded, 2,000 credits, which are converted to coins for betting, are deposited into your account.
Your task is to collect winning combinations in the game screen. The combinations are counted from left to right, starting from the first reel and running to the fifth one. A regular winning combination is formed of as few as three symbols on adjacent reels and on one of the 25 paylines. The winning combination earns you the prize which is added to your balance.
You can adjust the game settings, enable the features and monitor the gameplay by using the elements of the control panel:
- Lines — adjusts the number of paylines in the range of 1 to 25
- Coins — configures the line bet in the range of 1 to 20 coins
- Bet — displays your total bet (the cost of a spin)
- Bet Max — sets the maximum number of lines, configures the maximum line bet and starts the spin of the reels
- Spin — activates a single reelspin under set terms
- Demo Coins/Demo Credits — displays your current balance By using the selector, you can select either credits or coins to be displayed
- A large hexagonal window shows denomination. By using the -/+ buttons you can set the coin value in the range of 0.01 to 0.2 credits
In the bar below the control panel you can find two selectors:
- Expert/Regular. You can choose one of the modes of the control panel — regular (previously described) or expert. The expert control panel contains additional buttons: 5x, 10x and Autoplay. By using these buttons you can select 5, 10 or another number of auto spins
- Options By clicking on this word, you will see a pop-up window with additional settings of graphics, sound and the speed of the reels spinning
The Autoplay mode speeds up the spinning and is good for those who prefer to play with the fixed bet.
Symbols and payouts
Different symbols in the Drone Wars slot earn different payouts. Click the View Pays button found on the control panel to view the payouts in the pay table. In the second page you can find all the symbols and multipliers for combinations.
Factor is a multiplier of a bet per line. The size of the multiplier is fixed. As it is fixed, the line bet affects the amount of the win — the higher the bet, the bigger the win.
The regular symbols appearing on one active line have the following multipliers:
- 10 — the multiplier of 2, 5, 25 and 100 for 2, 3, 4 or 5 icons in a row respectively
- J — 10, 25 and 100 for 3, 4 or 5 icons respectively
- Q — 10, 50 and 150
- K — 15, 50 and 150
- A — 15, 75 and 150
- A blaster — 15, 75 and 250
- A starship — 20, 100 and 500
- Men in helmets — 20, 250 and 750
- A blue drone — 50, 500 and 1,000
Besides regular symbols the slot also features special icons. The Wild symbol is the picture of a drone with pink hexagons. This symbol forms combinations of two, three, four or five icons and pays the multipliers of 2, 100, 750 and 1,000 respectively. The Wild symbol can replace the missing icons in the combinations of regular symbols. So, the chances of winning combinations forming increase.
The Scatter symbol is the picture of a red crater which plays regardless of its position on the paylines and the reels. To win the prize you should just have three of these pictures anywhere on the game screen. The Scatter symbol has the same multipliers as those applying to the total bet — 5, 10 and 50 for 3, 4 or 5 icons respectively. One more function of the crater symbol is to start the bonus round Drone Wars Battle Plan.
Free spins and bonus game
When at least three Scatter symbols land in the screen, an additional window opens — the bonus round Drone Wars Battle Plan. Your task is to choose one of the options:
- Space Attack — a free spins series
- Planetary Assault — a bonus round
The Space Attack bonus option triggers five free spins. During the free spins the lines selected during the main game are active. The bet also remains unchanged. The free spins series offers some extra advantages:
- At the end of every spin random symbols in the game screen turn into the Wild icons
- Three or more Scatter symbols add five more free spins to the remaining free spins
The Planetary Assault bonus option — a mini game in which your task is to destroy the camp of enemy drones. By clicking on the enemies you destroy the drones and reveal the prizes. Some enemies can attack you. Your drone is equipped with four shields. The bonus game ends when all the shields are destroyed. If you manage to destroy 20 enemy drones by that time, you will be paid 50 times the total bet.
During the bonus rounds the coins are not deducted from your account to be paid for the spins. However, thanks to these bonus options you can get the payouts that are bigger than the amount of winnings in the main game.
Drone Wars developed by Microgaming awards small prizes for most of the combinations of regular symbols. This is why you are awarded the largest prizes during the bonus options. During the prolonged free spins session you can form combinations under favourable conditions with the Wild symbols. In the bonus game you have a chance of earning a large prize and compensating for the coins spent on the spinning of the reels.