Baccarat Online Game by Playtech - Play for Free
Baccarat is a popular casino game, this version was developed by Playtech for all the fans of this famous card game. This version follows the traditional rules of this game, however, there are a total of 9 different bets that you can place.
What is Baccarat?
The object of the game of Baccarat is to predict whose cards will score the number of points closest to 9, the dealer´s (banker) or you (player), using only 2 or 3 cards. The number of points is calculated as follows:
- Number cards use their own values, so a 3 = 3 points and a 7 = 7 points
- The Ace is worth 1 point
- 10, J, Q and K are worth 0 points
If the total value of the cards is greater than ten, then 10 points are subtracted. So if you were dealt with a 5 and a 7 your total would be 12 - 10 = 2.
If you or the banker have 8 or 9 points then you are not able to take a third card, however an additional card can be given in the following cases:
- To the player, if you have 0 to 5 points
- To the dealer, if they have 0 to 5 points and the player has 6 or 7 points
- To the dealer, in case of different values of the player's third card
The one who has a number of points as close as possible to nine wins.
This game has the 3 normal baccarat bets, as well as 6 side bets:
- Player - place your bet here if you believe that your hand will win
- Banker - place your bet here if you believe that the banker´s hand will win
- Tie - place your bet here if you believe that the result will be a tie
- The side bets "Player Pair" and "Banker Pair" will be winners if the first two cards dealt in the hand form a pair, for example, a 5 of Spades and a 5 of Diamonds
- The side bet "Either Pair" will be a winner if the first two cards of the banker's or player's hand (or both) form a pair in that hand
- The side bet "Perfect Pair" will be won if the first two cards of the Player or Banker form a pair of the same suit, for example, a pair of 7 Diamonds
- The side bet "Big" wins if the total number of cards dealt between the player and the banker is 5 or 6
- The side bet "Small" will win if the total number of cards dealt between the player and the banker is 4
You can place bets in as few or as many areas as you like.
How to Play Baccarat by PlayTech
When starting this game you will see a table with a semi circle area that has various sections on it. On the dealer´s side of the table there are lots of chips, the shoe containing the cards and the discard tray which is where the cards that have been played are placed. On your side you will see piles of chips with various values 0.1, 0.5, 1, 5, 10, 25 and 100.
Before the cards are dealt you will need to place your bets, the minimum and maximum bet limits are shown next to the dealer´s chips. If you look at the chips on your side of the table you will see that one is moving, this is the chip value that is currently selected. If you wish to use this chip then click on the relevant betting area in the semi circle or alternatively click on a different chip value and then place that chip on the relevant betting area of the table. If you win you will be paid as follows:
The payouts for regular bets are:
- Player - winnings are paid 1 to 1
- Banker - winnings are paid 1 to 1 less a commission that is usually 5%
- Tie - winnings are paid 9 to 1
The payouts for side bets are:
- Player Pair and Banker Pair winnings are paid 11 to 1, which means you will receive 11 times your bet
- Either Pair winnings are paid 5 to 1
- Perfect Pair winnings are paid 25 to 1
- Big winnings are paid 0.54 to 1
- Small winnings are paid 1.5 to 1
Once you have placed your bets you will see two buttons that start the gameplay:
- Deal - deals the cards
- Clear Bets - removes your chips from the table
The cards are dealt automatically and the winnings from any successful bets will be added to your balance. You will then see the following buttons:
- New Game - clears the table and allows you to place your chips wherever you wish
- Rebet and Deal - places the same bet as in the previous hand and deals the cards
- Rebet - makes the same bet again but does not deal the cards, this allows you to add additional chips to the betting areas if you want to. Once you are happy with your bets then you can press the deal button
This game is played using 8 decks of 52 cards and the table layout is easy to understand for those who are new to Baccarat and the side bets make it attractive for those who already enjoy playing this game. Add a little sparkle to your gaming at online casinos with the play for real money option.