3 Card Poker Online Game
The 3 card poker casino table game by Microgaming is based on the popular poker game. The game uses an ordinary deck of 52 cards and you can form combinations of two or three cards, to try to get a better scoring hand than the dealer. There are different bets that you can make, the Pair Plus, Play and Ante and the maximum payout is 40:1 which is awarded if you create a Colour Ladder with a bet on Pair Plus.
How to Play 3 Card Poker
In 3 card poker your aim is to form a two or three card poker hand that has a higher score than the dealer who needs at least one Queen to qualify. To start the game you will need to make a bet by clicking in the pair plus and ante spaces, one click will make a bet of 1, the second click will be 2, and each consecutive click will result in the next chip denomination being selected. You and the dealer will then receive 3 cards each, your cards are dealt face up and the dealers´ are dealt face down.
At the bottom of the screen you will see Play and Fold buttons. If you do not feel that you have a good hand then you can press Fold and all your bets on that hand will be lost. If you feel that you have a winning hand then you can press Play and the bet amount will be doubled.
After deciding to raise the bet (Play) or Fold, the dealer reveals their cards, the dealer needs at least one Queen to qualify and if there is only one Jack then the dealer cannot win, even if your hand has a lower value. If the dealer qualifies then the round will end when the following happens:
- You win both the Ante and Play bets
- The dealer wins and you lose your two bets
- If you both have the same hand
Winning 3 Card Poker Combinations and Payouts
Below is a list of the combinations and their winning ratios:
- Pair - a combination of two identical cards (eg a 7 of hearts and a 7 of spades) - 1:1
- Flush - three cards of the same suit - 4:1
- Straight - three consecutive cards (eg a 4, 5 and 6 with mixed suits) - 6:1
- 3 of a Kind - three cards of the same value (eg three 9´s) - 30:1
- Straight Flush - three consecutive cards of the same suit (eg 2, 3 and 4 of diamonds) - 40:1
- The Pair Plus bet is lost if one of the above mentioned combinations is not created
- The Ante bet will only be paid if a straight, 3 of a kind or straight flush are created
- The Play bet has the same value as the Ante but there are some differences, if the dealer has a higher combination than yours then the Ante and Play bets are paid 1:1, if the dealer does not get a combination you receive a double payment of the Ante bet
Buttons and Controls
At the bottom of the screen you will see the control panel which has the following buttons and information:
- Demo Credits - shows your balance
- Exit - exits the game
- Help - opens the description of the game
- Ante - shows the amount of the ante bet
- Play - shows the amount of the play bet
- Pair Plus - shows the amount of the pair plus bet
- Win - shows the amount of the prize won
- Clear Bets - clears the current bets
- Fold - folds the current hand
- Play - plays the current hand and makes an additional bet
- Deal - deals the cards
In the top right hand corner of the screen you will see a speaker which you can use to turn the game sounds on or off and the current time. If you are looking for a little more thrill in your game play having tried out the free play demos, you may like to find out more about online casinos and how to play for real money.