American Roulette by NetEnt - Play Free
American Roulette is an online casino game created by NetEnt. This is a digital version of the classical American Roulette that you can play for free at NeonSlots. The roulette playing table is made up of 38 numbers, including 0 and 00, and a spinning wheel. A ball spins around the wheel and drops into a numbered section which becomes the winning number. Bets can be made on a single number, a range of numbers, or a colour.
Full terms apply
How to Play American Roulette
Setting the bet for a single round is one of the most important stages of the roulette game which determines your end result. The American version of roulette differs from the European one as it has an additional number, the double zero. You can also make the Five Number Bet, which is on numbers 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3.
You set the bet in two steps. Firstly, you should pick a chip value from the 1, 5, 25, 100 and 500 available in the lower right hand corner of the screen. You can change and combine the chips to adjust the number of points. Keep in mind that the minimum wager on one bet position is 3 and the maximum wager is 500.
The second step is selecting the bet position. Depending on your choice of position, you can win a certain number of credits, which is determined as a ratio to the bet:
- Straight - is a bet on a single numbered square chosen by the player. The Straight bet pays 35:1 and you can place this bet on as many numbers as you like.
- Split - is a single bet on two numbers that are beside each other. The Split bet pays 17:1 and you set your bet, you need to place the chips on the line between the two numbers you have selected.
- Three line - is a bet on three numbers. The Three line bet pays 11:1 and you need to place your chips on the bottom edge of the vertical column that contains your chosen 3 numbers (eg: 16, 17 and 18).
- Corner Bet - is made on four numbers. It pays 8:1 and to make the bet you will need to place your chips on the intersection of your four chosen numbers (eg: 29, 30, 32 and 33).
- Top line - (or 5 Number Bet) is a wager on the 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3 numbers and it pays 6:1. You need to place your bet where the three lines meet between the 00 and 3
- Six line - is a bet on a total of six numbers. It pays 5:1 and you need to choose the intersection of the vertical and bottom horizontal line of 6 numbers (eg: the junction of the horizontal line and the line between 18 and 21 will select 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 and 21).
- Column - is a position which makes up a horizontal row of 12 numbers. There are three such positions on the layout: the upper, middle, and lower one. Your winnings are 2:1. To make the Column bet, place your chips in the field with a "2:1" caption next to the corresponding horizontal row.
- Dozen - is a bet on one third of the layout. The first section is numbers 1–12, the second is numbers 13–24 and the third is numbers 25–36. This bet pays 2:1 and you need to place your chips on the 1st, 2nd or 3rd field respectively.
- Red/black - is a bet that either a Red or a Black number will win and it pays 1:1.
- Even/odd - pays 1:1 and is a bet that either an even or an odd number will win.
- 1–18/19–36 - is a bet that a number in between 1 and 18 or 19 and 36 will win and it also pays 1:1 if you win.
If you are unsure exactly where to place your bet, select a chip and slowly move it across the betting area and lines and you will see different numbers highlighted. This indicates the numbers that you will bet on if you place the chip on a specific line or intersection.
Launching the American Roulette Game
American Roulette by NetEnt is a quality virtual representation of the classical American roulette with a fairly wide functionality and appealing graphics.
In the middle of the bottom of the screen you will see two buttons:
- Clear - clears any bets that are currently on the table
- Spin - sets the ball in motion and after a spin this button changes into the Repeat button which you can use to place the chips in the same place as they were for the previous spin
In the bottom left hand corner of the screen you will see some additional controls and information:
- Help - opens the game rules, payouts and tips
- Sound Off - switches the game sounds on or off
- Bet - shows the amount of your current bet
- Balance - displays your balance
In the top right hand corner you will see 3 boxes. One shows a close up of the Roulette wheel displaying the place where the ball has stopped, the second lists all of the previous winning numbers and the third shows the current winning number
To be able to place real bets and win real money please visit one of the legal online casinos. Discover the full range of online gambling games you can play for free at NeonSlots.