WMS Software Review
WMS is an American applications developer of software for online platforms, they also create slots and digital lotto and gaming terminals. They have over 100 applications including slot machines and digital casino table games.
WMS Gaming Casinos
Prior to joining the Scientific Games Corporation, WMS mainly provided its services to American land-based casinos. From 2012 you they started to launch their products on European online platforms, particularly in the UK. After the merger with the SG corporation, the company's area of supply grew wider and their products are distributed in the markets of the USA, Europe, Australia and Asia and you can now play their slots in the following online casinos:
Within Scientific Games they cooperate with SG Gaming, Bally and Shuffle Master.
WMS Gaming Slots
WMS are known for their innovative solutions in slot machine development. Their range of games includes those that have unconventional reels, multiple ways to form winning combinations and additional game screens. Their slots have a high theoretical Return To Player (RTP), nonstandard bonus rounds and prize options during the main game.
The most popular online slots are:
- Zeus III - a 5 reel slot that comes with 192 paylines. It has unconventional reels with only two symbols landing on the first reel and seven on the fifth one and features a Wild symbol and a Scatter that triggers free spins
- Raging Rhino - a slot machine with 6 reels and 4,069 ways to form winning combinations. The game has free spins where Wild symbols turn into additional multipliers of x2 or x3
- The Wizard of Oz - a 5 reel slot machine with 30 paylines. It features special pictures, a Wild symbol, a Jackpot symbol and a bonus symbol that launches free spins
- Giants Gold - a slot machine with 2 game screens. One of the screens uses 5 reels and 3 paylines and the other has 5 reels and 12 paylines. You can get free spins and complete combinations with the Wild symbol
- Crystal Forest - a slot that comes with 5 reels and 25 paylines. There are Wild and Jackpot symbols and you can form "mixed" combinations of different pictures. When a winning combination lines up, the symbols involved in it disappear and the pictures situated above fall into the empty spaces
WMS Gaming company develops different gambling applications for online casinos and land-based casinos, however, its main area of activity is slot machine development. Since 1994 the developer has produced slots that are used in traditional casinos and since 2010 the company has been supplying its developments to online platforms.
It develops operational platforms and software for slot machines, technological solutions for conventional slots and gaming terminals.
When collaboration with conventional casinos was a priority, WMS Gaming offered a number of innovative solutions including:
- Transmission reels - a combination of digital and mechanical technologies where symbols are not placed on the reels but appear "above" them as a part of the software
- Operational platforms - the CPU-NXT3 with Intel Pentium IV processor was presented in 2012 and is used in most land-based slots developed by the company. This platform allows improved graphics and the animation of the slot. The RAM reaches up to 2GB which is a system requirement for most computer video games of the AAA class
- Game cabinets - 2 slots in one cabinet
The company’s solutions helped to implement new bonus systems and slot machine features in general and they focus on the diversity of gameplay solutions in their online projects.
WMS Company History and Structure
WMS Industries has been making pinball machines since 1943. Twilight Zone was launched in 1993 and sold a record number of 15,235 machines after which sales fell significantly. In 1999, Williams tried one last time to revive the sale of pinball machines, but failed and in the same year they moved away from pinball and began to develop game systems.
WMS Gaming is a division of WMS Industries that was founded in 1974 by Harry E. Williams. It was registered as Williams Electronics, Inc. and became an affiliate of Seeburg. In 1980, Seeburg became insolvent and William Electronics, Inc. became an independent company. In 1988 Williams bought the Bally / Midway company.
Chiefly, the company developed arcade machines such as pinball, races and shooters. However, in the mid 90s the company switched to the development of games for land-based casinos. In 1994 the WMS Gaming department was established and in its second year of trading released one of the most popular slots of that time, Reel ‘em In.
At the turn of the 21th century, slots such as The Price is Right, Men in Black, Hollywood Squares, Match Game, Clint Eastwood, Green Acres, Powerball, The Dukes of Hazzard, The Wizard of Oz, Star Trek and Top Gun were popular with players. WMS Industries bought its second affiliate, Orion Financement B.V., in July of 2006.
In 2010 the company developed its first slots and from 2012 slots became the main focus of the company's development efforts. It is the Williams Interactive division that develops slot machines for online casinos. In 2013 the Scientific Games Corporation acquired WMS Industries with all its subsidiaries for 1.5 billion USD. In July of 2014, Williams Interactive collaborated with EveryMatrix, a software provider for iGaming. Today WMS is one of corporation’s own brands together with SG, Bally and Shuffle Master.
The Headquarters of the WMS Gaming division is at 2718 Roscoe, Chicago Illinois, 60618. Telephone 773 961 1620.
Scientific Games Head Office is situated in the Enterprise District, 6601 Bermuda Road, Las Vegas, Nevada. 89119, the USA. Telephone 702 897 7150.