High Limit European Blackjack Online Review
High Limit European Blackjack by Microgaming is a European Blackjack slot. There are two decks of 52 cards. The main winning combination is Blackjack which involves two cards and wins you a prize three times your bet. An additional function of the slot is insurance. The insured bet wins you a prize in the ratio 2:1. The slot also allows you to split cards into two hands.
Rules of the High Limit European Blackjack slot
The free version of the High Limit European Blackjack slot allows you to use 2,000 credits. As a result of every round, you have a chance to get your prize depending on a collected card combination. You get scores for each card in hand.
The scores are counted in this way:
- Cards with figures give you scores according to their value
- High cards like Jacks, Queens and Kings give 10 scores
- An Ace depending on the other cards in hand gives an 11 or 1 score
The total score you have won for a combination must be 21 or approximate to this value. A higher score (22 and more) is considered losing.
In case you have less than 21 points, you need it to be higher than the number of the virtual dealer's score. If you have less you lose this round.
How to play the High Limit European Blackjack slot
In the bottom part of the screen you can see a control panel, designed to control the card game High Limit European Blackjack. The panel contains the main buttons and windows, which display game information:
- Demo Credits — displays the number of credits in your account
- Buttons "+" and "-" regulate a bet per round in range from 20 to 1,000 credits. The chosen value is displayed in the Bet window
- Deal is a button to start dealing cards
- Stand — a button available after dealing cards which allows refusing to take additional cards
- Hit — one click allows you to get one card from the deck
- Double — double your bet per round
- Split — split cards into two hands (you can collect two combinations at the same time)
- Ins — a window that displays insurance. You can insure your bet in case the dealer can potentially collect a Blackjack combination. The insurance size is half of your bet per hand
- Win — a window that displays your current win for a round in credits
Split and Double buttons are only activated under certain conditions. The Split button is available if you have two equal cards in a hand. The slot allows you to double your bet if the sum of cards after a deal is 7, 9 or 11. If you click Double you add one more chip on the game board and take one card. The result automatically gets fixed, so you can't get another card. You can't double the bet after splitting cards into two hands.
Card combinations and payouts
There are three ways to finish a round, depending on a combination in your hand and the result of comparing with the dealer's combination:
- You win when your hand is more valuable than the dealers hand
- A draw happens when the scores are equal. In this case you get the bet size back but don't get any additional prizes
- You lose when the dealer has a more valuable combination The loss of the round means that you lose your total bet if you didn't use the insurance or a half of it if you did
The prize size for a round depends on the type of combination you have. Blackjack combo involves two cards: one of them is Ace and the other one is any card with the value of 10. This combination is a win-win and wins in 3:1 ratio.
Other combinations of two, three and more cards that score less than 21 win you a prize equal to your doubled bet. Insured combinations come with 2:1 chance of winning.
The High Limit European Blackjack slot by Microgaming allows you to play a bet per round of up to 1,000 credits. The possibility to collect two sets of cards at the same time, subject to certain game conditions, increases your chance of winning. The insurance option saves a part of your bet in case of loss.