Game Review of Panda King by Ainsworth
Panda King is a slot from Ainsworth with a free play option that is themed to Giant Pandas and China. It has up to 20 paylines and 5 reels with 3 symbols on each. There are 11 regular symbols, a Wild and a Scatter which launches the Free Games Feature with 3 feature options.
If 3, 4 or 5 Scatter symbols land anywhere on the reels they launch the Free Games Feature with 3 different types of free games:
- 12 Free Games where Waterfall, Coin and Pergola symbols landing on reels 2, 3 and 4, are replaced with the Panda
- 10 Free Games where Waterfall, Coin, Pergola and Lotus symbols landing on reels 2, 3 and 4, are replaced with the Panda
- 8 Free Games where Waterfall, Coin, Pergola, Lotus and Ingot symbols landing on reels 2, 3 and 4, are replaced with the Panda
To select a Feature, click on it and then click on the spin button to start the reels spinning. During gameplay the reels spin automatically, the Wild and Scatter symbols will only land on reels 2, 3 or 4 and if 3 or more Scatter symbols land, you will win an additional 8, 10 or 12 Free Games, depending on which Feature Game you are playing.
You may also notice the sequence of symbols on the reels are different than in the normal game, as each different Feature uses reels with different sequences of symbols to increase your chance of landing winning combos. There is also an additional symbol, the Chinese symbol for Fortune that only appears during Free Games.
On the bottom left of the screen a red circle will appear which shows the amount of Free Games remaining. All spins are played with the same bet and line settings that were in place before the Free Games were activated, but they use the Feature Paytable instead of the regular paytable.
Symbols and Multipliers
If identical symbols land from left to right, on neighbouring reels, along an active payline, starting with the leftmost reel, they are considered to be winning. Only the highest win per line will be paid, if winning combos land on multiple paylines the winnings will be added. The slot has the themed symbols of a Waterfall, a Lucky Chinese Coin, a Lotus Flower, a Pergola, a Sycee (Chinese Ingot/Gold Bar) and playing card symbols 9, 10, J, Q, K and A and the multipliers are shown in the paytable, are applied to the bet per line and change according to the line and bet settings.
- The Wild symbol is a Giant Panda, it awards its own multipliers for combos of 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols and can be used as a substitute for all other symbols, except the scatter, to complete or extend existing combos
- The Scatter symbol is the Yin Yang, it can land anywhere on the screen and awards its own multipliers for combos of 3, 4 or 5 symbols which are applied to the Total Bet per spin. If 3, 4 or 5 Scatter symbols land the Free Games are launched where you can choose one of three Free Games
If you enjoyed playing Panda King free demo, you might like to visit licensed online casinos to play this game for real money.
Buttons and Controls of the Slot
The control panel on this slot by Ainsworth is located at the bottom of the screen, under the reels and has all of the controls and information for the game:
- An 8 spoked wheel opens the settings for the game:
- I - opens the base and feature paytables, has the rules of the game and shows the paylines
- House takes you to the Casino home page
- Bet use the sliding scale to choose between 0.01 and 100 per line
- Lines use the sliding scale to activate between 1 and 20 paylines
- Speaker symbol turns on/off the sounds of the game
- Message Bar displays messages throughout gameplay
- A circle button with arrows going around inside - will spin the reels once with the current bet settings. During the reelspin it will change to a red square, clicking on this will stop the reels instantly. Also during Auto Games it will show the remaining number of autospins
- + opens the Auto Games box where you can use a sliding scale to select 10, 25, 50, 75 or 100 Auto spins
At the bottom of the screen is a black bar where you can see your cash balance, the number of active paylines, the amount of your current bet per line and your total bet per spin.