Hot Gems Slot by Playtech
Hot Gems is a slot themed to gem mining in the Wild West. The game window of this Playtech slot features the standard 5 reels, 3 rows (which makes 15 fields) and 25 fixed paylines. You can come across Wild, Scatters and a special symbol which triggers the bonus feature with free spins. The maximum you can win for a combination is 125,000 credits.
How to play Hot Gems
You should configure the balance settings before starting the game. Setting the values is fairly simple and doesn't take much effort for an inexperienced player to understand. You will see three balance-displaying strings right in the middle of the control panel and in the bottom left corner:
- Balance shows your current balance, which represents the number of credits currently available
- Total bet literally means your total bet. This box displays the number of coins you pay for a spin. It is determined by multiplying the playing parameters you choose — bet per line and the number of lines
- Win is the size of your winnings for the previous spin
Since the number of paylines active in the screen is fixed at 25, the only figure adjustable in the slot game is the bet per line. You can increase or lower the size of the bet using the +/- buttons in the Line bet menu and choose one of the options like 0.2, 1, 5 or 25 credits. The chosen value determines the number of credits you get for a winning combination.
The minimal total bet in the video slot is 5 credits and the maximum is as many as 625 per spin. After configuring the bet, we recommend taking a look at the reference menu, which you can access with the Info button in the bottom left corner of the user interface. You will see a bonus round guide, the payout table, the payline patterns and a set of the main rules, including about the unconventional principle of how the symbols land on the reels.
Starting the game
The Spin button in the bottom right corner of the screen is used to start a single spin or, in other words, the landing of the symbols on the reels. If you have a winning combination, all symbols in the winning pattern blow up and other symbols spring up in their place. They can build combos and blow up as well. This will go on until no combinations occur on the game screen.
To launch the auto-play, just hover your cursor on the Auto Play button and choose the number of re-spins from the pop-up list of options such as 10, 25, 50 or 99 spins. You can stop the auto-play using the Stop button before the spins run out.
You can see some icons of technical nature in the top right corner of the slot, by they have no impact whatsoever on the gameplay. Some of these may come in handy:
- Speaker lets you turn the sound on and off and adjust the volume
- Spanner is a menu with two tabs:
- Options let you adjust the acoustics and the speed of animation for symbols landing on the reels
- Help is a reference provided by the developer in a separate window
- Fullscreen turns on the full-screen mode
- Clock shows real time
Hot Gems symbols and multipliers
A winning combination in this slot, is the arrangement of identical symbols on adjacent reels strictly from left to right along a payline.
All the regular symbols of the slot game can be divided into two groups depending on their picture and value:
- Crystals are the minor group of symbols with lower payouts but they occur on the reels more often
- Plot-related symbols are the major group with higher payouts. The plot symbols represent a variety of mining facilities and the main character, a miner
To have a clearer and simpler understanding of the payouts, consider the bet per line to be one credit. For the combos of 3, 4, 5 and sometimes as few as 2 symbols, you will get the following winnings in credits:
- Green and yellow crystals pay 2, 5, 15 and 40 each
- Blue — 5, 30 and 60
- Purple — 7, 30 and 60
- Red — 7, 40 and 80
- Yellow — 10, 40 and 80
- Trolley — 30, 100 and 200
- Pickaxe — 50, 150 and 300
- Lantern — 75, 200 and 400
- The miner pays 100, 250 and 5,000, which is the highest-paying symbol in the slot game. You can have up to 125,000 for a combo of five miners at the maximum bet
The Scatter symbol is the game's logo. Regardless of their arrangement, it pays 1, 4, 20 or 100 times your total bet for 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols.
The special symbol is Free Spins. Three such symbols landing on the reels 1, 3 and 5 trigger the free spins mode.
The Wild symbol is an image of a stone with a Wild caption on it. It lands only on reels 2, 3 and 4, substituting almost for any symbol except for the Scatter and Bonus.
Bonus mode with free spins
It features 15 free automatic spins. The multiplier during this round is increased by one each time symbols in the winning combos blow up.
For example, you have an x1 multiplier at the beginning of a spin, which increases to x2 with the first blow-up, to x3 with the second one and so on. The maximum multiplier is x5. The next spin sets the multiplier to its default value of x1. You can't re-trigger the round by landing three Scatters again. All the accumulated winnings are transferred to your balance at the end of the round.
Hot Gems is a slot with a chance of creating multiple winning combos during one spin, an interesting bonus mode and pretty good graphics.