MGA Group Casinos & Games
MGA Group was founded in Barcelona in 1976 and is a Spanish-based developer of slot machines and software products for both land based and online casinos. They have over 30 games with various themes.
MGA claims to have been the first developers to produce video slots and online casino slots in Spain and they produce colourful video slots with 3 and 5 reels. Compared to other developers, the company's portfolio contains a good share of 3 reel slots, most notable for featuring a large number of bonuses, which is hard to find among 3 reel video slots. Their slots have meticulously designed graphics and pleasant music which make for a captivating gameplay. They normally feature Wild and Scatter symbols, a series of free spins and some risk games. The themes cover all kinds of popular genres: fruits, fantasy, pirates and the ancient world and winning combinations land quite frequently.
The most popular slots developed by MGA are:
- Bucaneros - a 3 reel slot with one payline which has a betting limit of between 1 to 3 coins. The game features the Wild and the Bonus symbol. The slot has also implemented the Nudges option, which lets you nudge the reels to reach the desired combination. The Holds function lets you hold the desired reels in place. Four bonus games are available. One of them is featured at the main first level. To launch the other three games, you have to qualify for a bonus and reach the second level
- La Reina del Nilo (Queen of the Nile) - a 3 reel slot with one payline themed to Ancient Egypt. The game features the Wild and the Bonus symbol. The slot also has the Nudges and Holds options Four bonus games are available. You can get a chance to hit the jackpot. Special symbols activate 8 paylines. With the maximum bet you can qualify for bonuses if you land some sevens. Once you collect several vessels, you are entitled to an extra prize
- Celtic - an Irish-themed slot that comes with 3 reels and 1 payline, featuring the Wild and the Bonus symbols and four bonus games
- Robin - a 3-reel slot with 1 payline whose theme is related to the legendary Robin Hood. The game features two levels and both Nudges and Holds options. You can get a chance to hit the jackpot. Special symbols will trigger four bonus games and complement winning combinations
- Roma (Rome) - a 3 reel slot with 1 payline that has the same gameplay as the ones described above. The slot's theme is related to Ancient Rome. The slot features the Nudges and Holds options and four bonus games. Special symbols can replace other pictures, triple your winnings and launch some bonus rounds
MGA supplies their range of slot machines, bingo games, gaming machines, arcades for kids, electronic roulette games and coin pusher arcade games and equipment to recreational halls such as Golden Park, bingo halls, land based casinos and bowling alleys. They also supply their slot machines to public houses (bars). Their list of online products includes over 20 virtual online slots and 11 different versions of online bingo.
Electronic roulette games by MGA are round tables that surround a roulette wheel that has several sections. Each section contains a display with a game screen which in turn also subdivides into sections just as classical roulette does. The gameplay works the same way: bets are placed using a touchscreen and the ball will land on a number. The game runs faster than conventional roulette games due to the fact that the dealer is electronic, which speeds up the process of players making their bets.
Coin Pusher is a game where you have to shove the coins using special "brushes" Once a coin is inserted, it lands on one of the platforms and can push other coins, which may end up in your possession. There are many versions of this game currently available.
Bingo games have various themes, undersea world, football, racing and circus. They all feature 4 cards and 30 balls for each card. You can take 14 more balls for an extra bet and some bingo games feature some bonus rounds with mini games.
MGA mainly focuses on its operations within Spain and hardly ever promotes its products to foreign markets, although the games are always available in several languages. Another reason why the company is not that famous outside Spain is that the country's regulated market is isolated from other members of the European Union. Nevertheless, the company participates in ICE Totally Gaming on an annual basis.
MGA History and Structure
MGA Group was founded back in 1976. The online division was founded in 2001 and develops online slots for both Spanish and international markets.
The company's key figures are:
- President and Founder - Jaume Sanahuja
- Vice President - Enric Sanahuja
- General Manager - Jose A Giacomelli
The company's corporate headquarters are located at: Parc Tecnològic del Vallès, Carrer Fargaires, 1-3, 08290 Cerdanyola del Vallès, Barcelona, Spain. Telephone: +34 93 582 45 55. Fax: F +34 93 582 45 56. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.mga.es.