Golden Sphinx Online Slot
Golden Sphinx comes with 5 reels and 10 paylines. The theme of this slot powered by Wazdan is related to Ancient Egypt. The slot features both the Wild and the Scatter symbols. You have a chance to earn some free spins with multipliers for your winnings. The risk game will let you multiply winnings 2 or more times. The highest multiplier is 1,000.
|Features||Freespins, Gamble Round|
Gameplay in Golden Sphinx
The control buttons are located in the bottom of the screen:
- Lines — the number of active paylines. Click on the +/- buttons to set the desired value
- Autoplay — launches autospins
- Spin — is a round button with two arrows around the centre. Once you click on it, the reels will make one single spin
- Max Bet — sets the highest bet for the round. This is when you use the Lines button to set the number of paylines. Please keep in mind that this button will not spin the reels — you will have to hit the Spin button once you have set the maximum value
- Bet — your bet per line
You will see some info windows under the control buttons. They will let you can keep track of the important values throughout the game:
- Credit — your balance
- Win — your win for the current spin
- Total bet — your total bet per spin
Setting your bet value
You can set your bet per spin by using two of the following values:
- Lines — the number of active paylines
- Bet — the size of your bet for 1 line
The former can be set by using the Max Bet button, if you would like to place the maximum bet with one single click.
The minimum bet in Golden Sphinx is 0.10 with one active payline and the bet of 0.10 credits.
The maximum bet is 100 credits with 10 active paylines and the bet per line of 10 credits.
Launching the reels
Click either Spin or Autoplay to launch the reels. The latter button will enable the autospin mode, where the reels will keep spinning on their own. This mode is active only in the full version of the slot.
Symbols and multipliers featured in Golden Sphinx
Golden Sphinx features 15 symbols. Two of them are special ones, the rest have the multipliers by which your payouts are calculated.
Combinations are counted from left to right starting with the first reel. The combo must contain at least 2 or 3 symbols depending on the type of the symbol.
Calculation of payouts
Suppose we set our bet per line at 1 credit and the number of active paylines at 10. The total bet will amount to = 1 x 10 = 10 credits.
Three Tens land on two paylines. A combo of three Tens has the multiplier of 0.50. A payout for one payline will be = 10 x 0.50 = 5. Two paylines will pay 5 + 5 = 10 credits.
Values of symbols
The highest-paying symbol featured in the slot is the golden sphinx:
- Two pictures landing on a payline will pay the amount of one total bet
- Three — 25
- Four — 200
- Five — 1,000
The rest of the symbols have lower multipliers and are listed in the following order:
- Anubis — the Deity with the head of a jackal — 0.20, 2.50, 12 and 100 for 2, 3, 4 and 5
- A scarab — 0.20, 2.50, 12 and 100
- A chest with the word "Scatter" — 0.20, 0.50, 2.50 and 50
- A pyramid — 2, 9 and 45 for 3, 4 and 5
- An Egyptian Ankh cross — 1.50, 8 and 26
- The eye of God Ra — 1.50, 8 and 26
The Ancient Egyptian symbols are followed by playing card symbols:
- A and K — 1, 5 and 13 for 3, 4 and 5 in a combo
- Q, J and 10 — 0.50, 2 and 11
- 9 — 0.20, 0.50, 2 and 11 for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols landed on a payline
Golden Sphinx features two special symbols: the Wild and the Scatter. The Wild is a picture of the Sphinx. This symbol will increase your bet size to its maximum and will substitute for any other symbols missing in a combo, except for the Scatter. This is how the Wild completes successful combinations. This symbol will also double your reward for a combo that it is a part of.
The Scatter is a symbol that will pay you a reward regardless of its position. This is a picture of a chest with the word "Scatter" on it. Three or more of these symbols will trigger a series of free spins.
Free spins and bonuses featured in Golden Sphinx
3, 4 or 5 Scatters landing on the reels will trigger a series of 15 free spins. All of the rewards that you will have earned during the free spins will be tripled. You will have a chance to relaunch the free spins once you land three chests again.
The other bonus featured in the game is the jackpot, which is accumulated by adding a certain percentage of each bet. You can monitor the size of the jackpot in the window in the upper left corner of the screen.
You have a chance to double your reward for each successful combo. Once you land any combo on the reels, the Gamble button will pop up above the Spin button. Click on it to take a risk by playing an extra round.
In the double-up game you will see a face-down card and will be required to guess its colour. Click either Red or Black right next to it. If your guess is correct, your winnings will be doubled. If not, your winnings will be forfeited and you will go back to the main game.
Two info windows will be showing under the card:
- Current Win — your current win in the main game
- Double To — displays your reward if you guessed correctly
If you guessed correctly and would like to continue on with the game, you have two options to choose from:
- Click ½ Take, which will let you claim half of your winnings and risk the other half to possibly have it doubled
- Click either Red or Black to risk the whole amount
If you no longer wish to take a risk, click on the Take button to claim your winnings and go back to the main game.
Golden Sphinx features a pretty advanced gameplay — it can grant you some free spins and a risk game where you can boost your winnings. To a certain extent, this product developed by Wazdan can be called a replication of the famous Book of Ra slot.