Online Game Review of English Rose by Casino Technology
The English Rose slot comes with 5 reels of 3 boxes and 15 paylines. The slot by Casino Technology has Scatter and Wild symbols the second doubles your payouts in combinations where it participates. You can win free spins where your prizes are tripled. The risk game enables you to double your reward for every successful combination. The slot is themed to the English traditions and is available to play for free at NeonSlots.
|Freespins, Gamble Round
Gameplay of the English Rose Online Slot
Casino Technology has released the English Rose slot in two versions. One uses a flash technology, and the other html5. The interface design is a bit different in them. Also, the versions have a different range of bets, and, accordingly, different sizes of payouts for winning combinations. However, they have identical multipliers.
In the html5 version, the game window occupies most of the screen. The green "i" button, which opens the paytable, is found in the top left corner. Prizes for combinations and bonuses are listed here.
The denomination button is in the top right corner. It is active only in the full version. By default, the value of a credit is 0.01 of a coin.
Two sections with numbers from 1 to 5 are found on both sides of the reels. If you click any of them, the corresponding number of paylines will be activated.
The control buttons are found below the reels:
- An orange button with a gear opens a menu where you can adjust the bet and number of paylines, as well as start the auto game mode
- Last Win the section where the reward for the latest spin is displayed
- Total Bet your total bet per spin
- Credit shows how many credits are in your game account
- A blue button with an orange triangle starts one spin and also stops a reelspin before time
You can control the slot with these buttons.
The flash version of the slot is slightly different. All buttons and info sections are found below the game window. These are:
- Bet adjusts the value of the bet per line (from 1 to 50 credits)
- Lines activates from 1 to 15 paylines
- Pay Table opens a new window with a description of main functions of special symbols and a list of rewards for winning combinations
- Start begins one spin Clicking it again stops the reels
- A red button with the numeric value adjusts the value of coins in relation to credits. In the free game, the value of one credit is 0.01 of a coin. It cannot change
- Win shows your win for the spin
- Total Bet displays the size of the total bet. If you click on the section once, the maximum bet per spin of 750 credits will be activated. The second click sets the minimum bet of 1 credit. Another click brings up the latest option of the bet
- Credits/Cash informs you of the current state of your account in credits and coins
- Game Menu opens the menu of advanced settings
On both sides of the game window, you can find small sectors which are also used to activate the paylines. To activate the required number of paylines, you need to click any of the sectors a corresponding number of times.
The interface of the flash version of the slot also includes additional buttons:
- A button with a note turns the music on and off
- A button with a loudspeaker icon turns the sound on/off
- A button in the form of a rectangle with four arrows pointed in different directions activates a full screen game mode
Setting your bet and launching the reels
In the html5 version of the slot, you have to click the button with a gear to adjust the bet. A window with three sections will open:
- A section with an image of coins to configure the bet per line. If you click the triangles with the "+" and "-" signs, your bet will vary in the range from 1 to 30 credits. If you click the section below the coin, the maximum value will be set immediately 30 credits
- A section with a line paylines setting. You activate from 1 to 15 paylines using the same "+" and "-" buttons. If you click a section with a number, all 15 paylines will be activated immediately
- A section with the letter "A" and two arrows turns the auto spin mode on
In this version of the game, the minimum bet is 1 credit and the maximum bet is 450 credits.
In the Flash version, you need to click the Game Menu button to adjust the bet. In this case, a window with an additional set of buttons will open:
- Five buttons Lines (1-5, 5-10, 10-15, 15-15 and 15) activate the required number of paylines
- Five buttons Bet (1-2, 2-4, 4-10, 10-25 and 25) adjust your bet per line with the maximum value of 25
- Max Bet activates the maximum total bet in one click
- Auto Play a button for setting the automatic mode of the game. However, this button is not active in the trial version of the slot
- Music changes the volume of the music
- Help Pays opens the paytable
In this version of the game, the minimum bet per spin is also one coin, but the maximum size is 750 credits. However, it should be noted that the maximum bet per line of 50 credits is only set from the control panel using the Bet button.
Spinning the reels
To spin the reels, you have to click the blue button with the orange triangle or the Start button, depending on the version of the slot it launches a single spin. If you choose the auto mode in the flash version, the same button will make the reels spin automatically.
In this case, the section with the "A" letter and two arrows starts the mode of auto spins. If you click the "+" and "-" buttons, the value will vary from 5 to 100. Here, you also can configure the maximum number of spins at once by clicking on the section below the "A" letter.
The second way to run the auto mode is to click the start button of a single spin and hold it for two seconds. But this method is only relevant in the html5 version of the game since the auto mode is not available in the flash version.
Symbols and Multipliers of the English Rose slot
The English Rose slot has 13 symbols. Combinations are counted from left to right, from the leftmost reel. A combination of identical pictures must be consecutive. The only exception is Scatter symbols that award prizes regardless of their specific position in the boxes of the game window. A combination must have at least 2 or 3 identical symbols, depending on the type of pictures.
You earn prizes in credits for winning combinations their sizes depend on the number of symbols in a combination and their type. Below are values with the maximum bet in the html5 version of the slot:
- The picture of a woman earns you 300, 7,500, 45,000 and 300,000 credits for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols respectively
- The picture of a rose with five petals 900, 2,250, 4,500 and 45,000
- A gentleman in a hat and a gentleman with a bow tie 60, 750, 3,750 and 22,500
- A butler 600, 3,000 and 12,000 for 3, 4 and 5 symbols in a combination
- A porcelain cup or teapot 450, 2,250 and 7,500
- A and K 300, 1,500 and 3,750
- Q, J and 10 150, 750 and 3,000
- 9 60, 150, 750 and 3,000 for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols
Two symbols from the listed above also perform additional functions.
The Wild symbol is the picture of a woman. It can play as any other symbol, except for Scatter. In addition, when this picture takes part in a combination, the reward for it is doubled.
For example, two pictures with a butler and Wild normally pay 600 but will now pay 1,200 coins. This rule applies to all possible combinations.
Scatter the picture of a golden rose with five petals. Regardless of the position in the game window, combinations of symbols with roses pay a win and award free spins.
Free Spins in the English Rose Slot
Three or more Scatters trigger free spins. All rewards earned during free spins are multiplied threefold, except the prize for a combination of five Wilds.
If three or more Scatters come up on the reels during free spins, you will get 15 additional free spins.
Each successful combination on the reels allows you to raise your reward for it twice or more times. After a win, the gear on the orange button (Game Menu for the flash version) changes to X2 (Double Up). An orange triangle on the blue button (the Start word) turns into a palm (Take Win).
If you click X2 (Double Up), the risk game screen will open. The palm on the blue button (the Take Win word) means that you can take the prize without risking.
The screen of the double-or-nothing game displays a playing card face down. You need to guess its colour or suit. To the right of the card are found the Red or Black buttons, and buttons with card suits are to the left. You need to click one of them.
If you guess the colour of the card correctly, this will raise your prize two times and if the suit, four times. If you don't guess correctly, it cancels your reward for the round and for the latest spin and also returns you to the main game.
The ½ (Half Gamble) button enables you to risk only a part of your reward. If you click it, the half of your prize will be added to your balance. The second half remains in the gambling game and you can risk it.
The English Rose slot features a gameplay with nice graphics and music. The Wild symbol raises payouts 2 times, free spins 3 times and the risk game from 2 to 4 times. In this way, the slot pays relatively large prizes. It allows you to win up to 300,000 credits.