Online Game Review of Avalon by Microgaming
The Avalon online slot, developed by Microgaming, is themed to Royalty and Jewels and is available to play for free at NeonSlots. There are 5 reels, 20 paylines, a Scatter, 2 Wild symbols, a round of 12 free spins with a mystery multiplier and a gamble round.
|Features||Freespins, Gamble Round|
Avalon Free Spins
When 3 Scatter Symbols land anywhere on the screen they become animated and a blue button will appear with the caption Start Free Spins, click on this to start the 12 free spins, which happen automatically. Directly under the reels and to the left you will see the remaining number of Free Spins and on the right the total amount that you have won is displayed. If you land a winning combination, a mystery multiplier appears below the reels and is applied to the amount won for the combination. The same bet and line settings used before the free spins were triggered, remain. If three more scatter symbols land during the free games session, the additional free spins will be added to the remaining number of current free spins. Once the free spins have finished, all winnings are added to your balance and you will return to the main game screen.
Symbols and Multipliers
A winning combination in the Avalon slot by Microgaming is when identical symbols appear on neighbouring reels from left to right starting with the first reel. Only the highest win per line will be paid. This slot has 4 themed symbols, A Crown, The Avalon Family Crest, An Amulet with a green Jewel, A Silver Goblet and 5 playing card symbols 10, J, Q, K and A. The multipliers are found in the paytable and are applied to the line bet.
- The Avalon symbol (A Castle above the clouds) is the Wild, it awards its own multipliers and can substitute for all symbols except the Scatter
- A Chest awards its own multipliers and during the Free Spins Feature it can substitute for all symbols except the Scatter
- The Lady of the Lake is the Scatter Symbol, it can land anywhere on the reels and its multipliers are applied to the total bet, 3 or more will also activate 12 Free Spins with a Mystery Multiplier
Gamble Round of the Avalon Slot
When you land a successful combination you have the option to gamble your winnings. If you click on the gamble button a new screen will open showing a facedown card in the centre. On the right of it is the amount you will win if you guess the correct colour and both a red and a black button. On the left, you will see the amount you will win if you correctly guess the suit, and 4 buttons for each suit of cards. At the bottom of the screen you will see additional buttons on the control panel - red, black, heart, spade, diamond, club and collect. If you wish to gamble then you can either click on the relevant button on the control panel or on the main screen. To exit the gamble game, click on the collect button, your winnings will be credited to your account and you will return to the main game. If you gamble and guess correctly you can continue to increase your winnings with further rounds or you can click the collect button at anytime to collect your winnings and return to the main game.
How to Control the Avalon Slot
On the bottom of the screen you will see a control panel, starting from the left you will see:
- Demo Credits - shows the amount of credits in your account
- Expert - changes the control panel to display additional auto play options. The button will change its name to Regular, and clicking on this will take you back to the regular control panel
- Help - opens a new tab giving detailed information about the game
- A Coin image with “-” and “+” buttons beneath it changes the value of a coin from 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.25 or 0.50
- Lines - shows the amount of active paylines. Clicking on the blue Select Lines button underneath, will enable you to change this number from 1 to 20
- Coins - displays the amount of coins you are betting on each line. Clicking on the blue Select Coins button changes the amount between 1 and 10
- Bet - shows your total bet per spin in credits which is calculated by multiplying the amount of lines by the value of coins and the amount of coins. Clicking on the blue Bet Max button below the bet amount will automatically set the maximum number of lines and coins and spin the reels once, although the coin value remains the same
- Win - displays the winning amount
- Spin - spins the reels once with your current bet settings
Expert control panel settings:
- Blue 5x - will automatically spin the reels 5 times with the current bet settings
- Blue 10x - will automatically spin the reels 10 times with the current bet settings
- AutoPlay - clicking on this button opens up further auto spins settings. You can choose either 5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 or 500 spins to be played automatically and set the limits for when spins should stop, if the win exceeds or equals 100, 500, 1,000, 5,000 or 9,999 credits
- During auto spins:
- The Spin box will display the amount of spins that have taken place
- The Spin button changes to the Stop button and one click will instantly stop the auto spins
In the top right hand corner of the screen is a Speaker Icon, to switch off/on the game sounds and a clock which shows the current time. Below the reels on the left and the right you will see the words View Payout, if you click on them they will open the paytable.
To the left and right of the reels there are 20 different coloured boxes, these are the paylines, clicking on them will show you the route of the payline and select this number of paylines, so if you click on 10, paylines 1 to 10 will be displayed and only these paylines will be active. If you are looking for a little more thrill in your game play having tried out the free play demos, you may like to find out more about online casinos and how to play for real money.