American Roulette Online by Playtech - Play for Free
American Roulette is an online version of the casino game developed by Playtech that you can play for free at NeonSlots. What makes it different from the European one is that your virtual opponent has a lot more advantages due to the double zero. This online game has classical rules and a wheel with 38 sectors where the ball rolls. The game screen has classical sectors for bets. Playtech also added the five number bet, which is paid 6:1.
Bets in American Roulette
In the American Roulette game by Playtech you can make all sorts of bets available in american roulette. Each one of them covers its own set of numbers and pays differently too. The bets are subdivided into inside bets and outside bets. On the whole, you can say that inside bets are paid a lot more seldom due to the fact that the required numbers do not land so frequently, yet the stakes are much, much higher. Outside bets have a higher probability of being generated, so they are paid on a lower scale. One more difference: if 0 or 00 lands, the bet is lost.
- Straight-Up Bet is a bet on any single number. The chip is placed onto the centre of the square with a number, including zero
- Split Bet is when you bet on two adjacent numbers, either horizontally or vertically. The chips are placed on the line that divides the two numbers
- Street Bet is when three numbers are positioned in one vertical row. You have to place the chips on the bottom of the table at the end of the corresponding row. Special Street Bet is betting on 0, 1, 2, or on 00, 2, 3. The chips are put on the T-shaped junction of these three fields
- Corner Bet features a group of four numbers. Put the chips at the corner where the four numbers meet
- Five Bet features 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. The chips must be placed at the bottom of the roulette table, on the line where 0, 00 and the first row intersect
- Line Bet features six numbers on two adjacent streets. Place the chips at the bottom of the table on the T-shaped junction of the two streets
- Column Bet features all 12 numbers on any of the three horizontal rows. The chips are placed on the left of the roulette table, onto one of the three fields marked 2 to 1. When one of the numbers from the selected column lands, the payout will be 2:1
- Dozen Bet features the first (1-12), the second (13-24) or the third (25-36) group of twelve numbers. Place the chips on one of the three fields marked 1st 12, 2nd 12 or 3rd 12. If one of the 12 numbers lands, the payout will be 2 to 1
- Red/Black is betting on what colour the number will be, either red or black. The chips are put on either the red or black field on the roulette table. If the selected colour lands, the payout will be 1 to 1
- Even/Odd is betting that you will get either an even or an odd number. The chips are put on the Even/Odd box of the roulette table. If the result selected lands, the payout will be 1 to 1
- Low/High is betting that the result in the next round will be lower (numbers from 1 to18) or higher (numbers from 19 to 36). The chips are placed on the "1-18" box or the "19-36" box. If the result selected lands, the payout will be 1 to 1
You can make additional bets involving zero and double zero. For example, you can place the chips on the number 1 or 0, or on the street and 00.
Payouts in American Roulette
Payouts in American Roulette online game by Playtech described as 2 to 1 mean that by placing the bet of 1 game unit you get 2 game units if you win. All bets are paid in accordance with the chance of how probable it is that they will land. The lower the chance the higher the payout:
- Straight-Up Bet covers one number and pays 35 to 1
- Split Bet features two numbers and pays 17 to 1
- Street features 3 numbers and pays 11 to 1
- Corner Bet features 4 numbers, the winning is 8 to 1
- Five Bet features 5 numbers with payout of 6 to 1
- Line Bet features 6 numbers with the award of 5 to 1
- Dozen or Column Bet both feature 12 numbers and pay 2 to 1
- Red/Black, Even/Odd both feature 18 numbers and pay 1 to 1
How to Play American Roulette
First let's have a look at the American Roulette's interface. The roulette wheel consists of numbers from 1 to 36, half of which are painted red and the other half are black. Two green sectors are added to them – 0 and 00 (Zero and Double Zero). If the ball rolls into a sector which you have placed your bet on, you get the winnings. If the sector is green, then the casino gets all of your chips.
You can see the table with the minimum and maximum bets on the top of the screen. Point the cursor to the table to view the limits that are on the table and the payouts for each bet. There is a window next to it, which displays a close-up image of the roulette wheel and the ball in whichever sector in might be. Values under the window are as follows:
- Bet – your bet
- Win – your winnings in the current round
Game window with sectors for bets and chips is found in the centre of the screen and control buttons are at the very bottom. Select the appropriate chip by clicking it – this shows from 0.01 to 25 game units. Then click the sectors of the game screen and place your bets. Each click on the bet field adds a chip of the value selected.
The minimum and maximum bets
Bet limits vary depending on the online facility where you play and your VIP level. If the bet is lower than the minimum, the screen will display an appropriate message and the chips on the table will light up three times. For example, this is where you can change your maximum bets for different fields. The minimum is the same everywhere, which is 1 game unit. The maximum bets however, look as follows:
- Straight-Up Bet – 25 game units
- Split Bet – 50
- Street Bet – 75
- Corner Bet – 100
- Five Bet – 125
- Line Bet– 150
- Column or Dozen – 250
- 1-18, 19-36, Red/Black, Even/Odd – 500 game units
Setting the wheel in motion
Then click the Spin button to set the roulette wheel in motion. You can also hit Clear Bets if you wish to place other bets and then click Spin again. When the round is over, click Re-Bet to repeat your bet and then click Spin. The bets that have been won remain on the table. You can take them off by clicking Clear Bets or leave them until the next round.
The American Roulette game by Playtech features pleasant graphics and a convenient interface. If you enjoyed playing roulette games online for free at NeonSlots, you might wish to discover more online casino games available in free demo versions.