Sunshine Reef Online Slot by Wagermill Review
The Sunshine Reef one-armed bandit was developed by Wagermill. It is themed to the underwater world. The slot has five reels and nine paylines. It also comes with a risk game, the Wild and bonus symbols, auto spin mode and a bonus round.
You can earn a maximum win during the risk game in the Sunshine Reef slot. The best-paying picture is a starfish.
The gameplay rules in Sunshine Reef
You can set some parameters in this slot. They include:
- Lines — the number of lines. It ranges from one to nine. Click the 'up' and 'down' arrows to set the number of lines. Move the cursor over one of the numbers to the left and right of the reels and the corresponding payline will be displayed on the game screen
- Stake/Line — your current bet per line. Its minimum value is 0.01 credits and the maximum — 10. Just like the number of paylines, you can set it by using the 'up' and 'down' arrows
Stake — shows the current total bet. It is calculated by multiplying the number of lines by your line bet. The total bet ranges from 0.01 to 90 credits.
Balance — shows the current amount of credits in your account. Your starting balance in the Sunshine Reef slot is 2,000 credits.
You can control the gameplay by using the buttons on the control panel:
- Spin — launches a single reelspin
- Gamble — activates the risk game. This button is available after you collect any winning combination
- Paytable — opens the pay table. This is where you can view a brief description of the slot's rules, as well as all the symbols and payouts for combinations with them. You can flip through its pages by using the left or right arrows. Click Close to return to the main mode of the game
- Autospin — shows the list with the possible number of spins. If you click one of the numbers, you will activate the corresponding number of the auto spins. They will be completed after you click Stop or when the amount of the credits in your balance is not enough to launch next spin
A winning combination in the Sunshine Reef slot is one that consists of three or more symbols lined up along one of the paylines on neighbouring reels. Winning combinations are formed both from left to right and right to left. Only the highest-paying combo will earn you a reward.
Symbols and multipliers in the Sunshine Reef slot
This slot features ten symbols. Winning combinations of three, four and five pictures will pay you the following multipliers for your line bet:
- A starfish — 100, 1,000 and 5,000
- A puffer fish — 50, 100 or 2,000
- A sea turtle — 25, 50 and 1,000
- A jellyfish — 10, 25 or 500
- A sea sponge — 5, 15 and 100
- A fish — 3, 10 and 50
- A seahorse — 2, 5, or 25
- A pearl in a shell — 1, 2 and 9
The picture of a dolphin is the Wild symbol. It substitutes for any picture on the game screen and completes a winning combo. The Wild symbol does not appear on reel three. The pictures of a dolphin cannot form winning combinations of their own.
The picture of a treasure chest is a bonus symbol. It can activate a bonus round.
Bonus round in Sunshine Reef
When three or more bonus symbols land on the game screen, a bonus round of the Sunshine Reef online slot will be started.
After that, you will see three treasure chests in the game window. You should choose one of them. This chest contains the winning credits.
Risk game in Sunshine Reef
When any winning combination appears on the game screen of the Sunshine Reef slot, you will be given a chance to boost your newly-earned reward several times. To do this, click Gamble that will start a risk-game. You will see two buttons in a pop-up window:
- Double or Nothing — activates a risk-game
- Return to Game — returns you to the regular mode of spins
Once you hit the first button, you will see two sea shells. You have to choose one of them. If you choose the one with a pearl in it, your win for the previous spin will be doubled. But if your choice is wrong, your win will be lost.
The Current Win section shows your current bet in the risk-game. The maximum number of your tries in this game is five. Also, you can stop it after every successful try by clicking Return to Game. When the risk round is over, you will return to the main mode of the game.
The Sunshine Reef slot is of low variance. It means that the least-paying winning combos will land more frequently. Payouts for these combinations will be approximately equal to your total bet in this slot. Though this one-armed bandit has many bonuses, they are rather simple. That is why it will appeal to both beginners and experienced players.