Online Slot Robin Hood - Shifting Riches™ by NetEnt
Robin Hood - Shifting Riches, is an online slot game created by NetEnt, that is themed to History, Adventure and the famous outlaw. The game has 5 reels, with 3 symbols on each and 20 fixed paylines. There are 10 regular symbols, half of which are themed and the other half represent playing cards. You will also find a regular Wild and a Scatter and the Shifting ReelsTM, Money Bags, Free Spins and Free Spins Extra Wild features.
Shifting ReelsTM - every time you land a winning combo the 5th reel disappears, the other reels shift to the right and a new reel appears on the 1st reel. This increases your chance to receive extra wins with an increasing multiplier of up to x5. Multipliers are displayed in the top left of the screen and are awarded for each win on a shift as follows:
- Reel Shift 1 - 2x Multiplier
- Reel Shift 2 - 3x Multiplier
- Reel Shift 3 or more - 5x Multiplier
Free Spins and Money Bag Symbol
Every time a Money Bag symbol appears on a reel, Robin Hood takes it and places it into the chest underneath that reel. Once you have collected four money bags in the same chest, the round of 10 Free Spins will be launched. A new screen appears and Friar Tuck spins a wheel to see which symbol will act as the Extra Wild during the round. This Extra Wild can substitute for all symbols except for the Free Spins symbol.
The Free Spins then happen automatically with the same rules as in normal game play, including the shifting reels and increasing multiplier, but they use the bet level and coin value from the money bags that were placed into the chest.
During Free Spins the control panel changes, on the left you will see the bet level and coin value, in the centre you will see the amount of free spins remaining and on the right the Extra Wild symbol is displayed. Free Spins symbols only appear on reels 3, 4 and 5 and Extra Free Spins can be earned during this round. If two Free Spins symbols land you will receive 5 and if three land you will receive 10.
A great additional feature of the Money bags is that they are saved for up to 1 year, so when you next open the game, any money bags there were in the chests the last time you played will still be there. Also, Money Bag symbols turn into Wild symbols when the reels shift to the right.
Symbols and Multipliers
A winning combination is when identical symbols appear on neighbouring reels along an active payline from left to right starting with the first reel. Themed symbols show, Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Little John, Friar Tuck and an Armoured Guard, there are also playing card symbols 10, J, Q, K and A their multipliers are listed in the paytable and are applied to the Level number.
- The Wild Symbol is the logo of the game - it can appear anywhere on the reels and substitutes for all symbols except the Scatter and Free Spins symbols
- Money Bags - these symbols turn into Wild symbols after the reels shift, they are saved for 1 year after your last game round. To see the bet level and coin value for each of the money bags collected, click on a chest. You need to collect 4 money bags in a chest to win Free Spins and the coin value for them is based on the bet level and coin value that appears when you click on a chest. When a money bag appears on a reel, the reel disappears, Robin Hood appears and takes the money bag, puts it into the chest below the reel it appeared on, he then disappears and the reel returns
Buttons and Controls of the Slot
Below the reels you will find a control panel which has all of the controls and information about the game:
- Paytable - describes the different features that are available in the game, lists the multipliers for symbols and shows the paylines
- Bet - shows the total bet per spin
- Level - using the arrows either side, you can adjust this from 1 to 10
- Auto Play - allows you to select 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 750 or 1,000 auto rounds and the advanced settings allow you to choose the conditions that stop them
- A green circle with two arrows in it - launches one spin of the reels, with the current bet settings
- Max Bet - automatically changes the Level to 10, but the coin value remains the same, it will automatically spin the reels once with the max bet settings
- Coin Value - the value of the coin can be 0.01, 0.02, 0.05, 0.10, 0.20 or 0.50 to adjust this value click on the arrows to the right and left of the figure
- Coins - shows your current balance in coins
- Win amounts and messages - are shown in a black box directly under the reels and above the spin button
Below the control panel you will see a black line with some additional options:
- Spanner - opens the game settings where you can activate Quick spins, switch off the intro screen when you launch the game and activate the function of the Spacebar to launch the reels
- Speaker - opens a sliding scale for you to adjust the volume of the game sounds
- ? - displays detailed rules of the game
- Auto - opens the Auto Play options
- Cash - shows your balance in cash
- Bet - shows your bet amount in cash
- Win - shows the win amount in cash
To the left and right of the reels by NetEnt are numbered squares, these are for the paylines and clicking on one will show the route of that payline. Learn more about real money games, by reading the NeonSlots real money article to discover how to play at online casinos.