Online Slot Review of King Of Cards by Novomatic
King of Cards online slot was created by Novomatic interactive developers Greentube and is based on the playing cards that are used in table games at casinos. There are 5 reels with 3 symbols on each and up to 10 paylines. It has 13 symbols, 11 of them are regular and there is a Wild and a Scatter which triggers 15 Free Games, as well as a double or nothing round.
King of Cards Free Games
When 3 or more scatter symbols land, in the King of Cards slot by Greentube, 15 Free Games will be launched. To start each round you need to click on the start button. All the cells of the reels will be covered and the symbols will be revealed starting from the top left box and continuing in a diagonal pattern to the bottom right.
During the free games, all wins are based on the bet settings that were in place before the round started with an additional x3 multiplier. If three or more scatter symbols land during the free games session, you will win another round of Free Games.
Symbols and Payouts
If 2, 3, 4 or 5 identical symbols line up along an active payline, from left to right, starting with the first reel they are considered winning. Only the highest win per line will be paid and the payouts listed in the paytable are based on the line and bet settings. This slot has themed symbols showing a “Royal Flush”, a Heart, a Club, a Diamond and a Spade and playing card symbols A, K Q, J, 10 and 9.
The Wild symbol is a Joker and it has its own multipliers for combos of 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols. It can also be used as a substitute for all other symbols except the scatter to complete or extend existing combos and any winnings will be doubled
The Scatter symbol is a pile of casino chips, it can land anywhere on the screen and has its own multipliers for combos of 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols. 3 or more scatter symbols also award you with 15 free games with a x3 multiplier
If you enjoy the online games for free, you might like our collection of the free online slots.
Double or Nothing Game
When a winning combination lands, you can collect your winnings using the Collect button, or gamble them in the Double or Nothing game by clicking on the Gamble button. In the centre of the screen you will see the back of a playing card which flickers between red and blue. To the left of it is a Red button and to the right, a Black button. In the top left of the screen you will see the Gamble amount and Gamble to win amount and in the top right, the previous 5 cards are displayed. Click on your choice of Red or Black, if you guess correctly then you can repeat this process or collect your winnings. If you guess incorrectly then you will lose all your winnings and return to the main game. This is a typical feature of Novomatic Gaminator slots.
Buttons and Controls of the Slot
All of the controls of the game are in the control panel at the bottom of the screen. The Credit box displays your balance in credits and your most recent winning amount is shown in the Last Win box. Winning amounts and messages appear in the box directly below the reels.
Underneath these boxes you will see:
- Autoplay - instantly activates the autoplay mode where the reels will keep spinning until your balance has insufficient funds or you stop them manually, as during Autospins this button changes into the "stop" button. During the autoplay mode your current bet settings are used and the double or nothing round is not available
- Paytable - opens and closes the paytable, which shows the multipliers for all symbols and game information. When viewing the paytable, the Gamble button changes into More Info and each click on it will take you from the paytable, to the information about the wild and scatter symbols, free games and the rules of the game
- Lines - click on the - and + buttons to change the number of paylines from 1 to 10
- Bet/Line - change your bet per line by clicking on - or +
- Bet - shows your current bet per spin
- Gamble - opens the double or nothing bonus round
- Start - makes one spin of the reels with the current bet settings. If a spin is successful this will turn into the "Collect" button so you can collect your winnings. During reelspins, clicking on this button again will instantly stop the reels
In the top left corner there is Top Up and Pay In, click here to add credits to your account in the real money game. Below this you can see a reel spin counter that increases every time you spin the reels.
In the top right corner of the screen you will see the Exit button, click on this if you wish to leave the game and the help button, which opens a detailed description of the game. Below these buttons is a musical note that adjusts the background music settings and a speaker icon switches the sound on or off. The image of a screen with arrows pointing from the left and right sides to the middle, will change the screen to widescreen view and a box with arrows pointing from the centre to each corner, opens the full-screen mode. There is also a clock displaying the current time.
To the left and right of the reels you will see 10 coloured payline boxes, the route of them are shown when you change your bet per line and when winning combinations land on them.