Online Slot Review of Jimi Hendrix by NetEnt
The Jimi Hendrix slot machine by NetEnt allows you to spin 5 reels for free and collect winning combinations along 20 paylines. It comes with 15 different symbols 5 of which perform bonus functions including the Wild. You can get free spins, re-spins and additional multipliers for winnings.
Bonuses of the Jimi Hendrix Slot
In addition to payouts for combinations collected along active lines, the Jimi Hendrix slot machine by NetEnt offers its users a wide range of bonuses. Most of them are activated thanks to special symbols on the screen.
The Wild symbol here is the portrait of Jimi Hendrix. It can replace any picture in a combination except the Bonus to compose a winning pattern. Purple Haze Feature — activated when a picture of Jimi Hendrix in a red shirt with a guitar appears on the first reel. In this case, all the pictures of card symbols together with Jimi Hendrix are turned into Wilds.
Red Guitar Re-Spin — if 4 or more pictures of a guitar with a red pattern appear on the reels in the main game, they trigger a re-spin. If another guitar occurs on the screen, it triggers one more re-spin and the dropped instruments are fixed in their place. Free spins will continue as long as guitars appear on the screen. Then, the wins for all combinations are added up.
Pick And Click Feature — when 3 or more Scatters (Jimi Hendrix with a white guitar in a gold frame) appear in any part of the game screen, they trigger a pick&win bonus game. Instead of reels, many sound columns are displayed on the screen. You must click them until you find 3 identical images. After this, you will receive the appropriate bonus:
- Coin Win — randomly increases the total bet based on the multiplier from x8 to x30
- Crosstown Traffic Free Spins — 6 free spins with two reels filled with Wild symbols which change their positions after each spin (from the rightmost reel to the leftmost)
- Purple Haze Free Spins — from 6 to 12 free spins where card symbols are Wild
- Little Wing Free Spins — from 6 to 12 free spins with Wild symbols (from 3 to 5) which change their positions after each spin
Symbols and Payouts of the Slot
To get payouts on the slot machine Jimi Hendrix, you need to form a winning combination of three or more identical pictures at least along one of the 20 lines. All combos must start from the leftmost reel. All the images on the game screen can be divided into 3 different groups: card symbols, graphic and special. The first group includes images of card values. They often fall out on the reels but they award you small prizes:
- 10: 3 pictures along a line — 5 times your bet line, 4 — 20 and 5 — 50
- J: 3 pictures along a line — 5 times your bet line, 4 — 25 and 5 — 50
- Q: 3 pictures along a line — 5 times your bet line, 4 — 25 and 5 — 60
- K: 3 pictures along a line — 5 times your bet line, 4 — 30 and 5 — 70
- A: 3 pictures along a line — 5 times your bet line, 4 — 30 and 5 — 75
Graphic pictures appear less often on the screen but produce larger rewards:
- Eye: 3 pictures along a line — 7 times your bet line, 4 — 35 and 5 — 80
- Flower: 3 pictures along a line — 8 times your bet line, 4 — 40 and 5 — 90
- Drum plate: 3 pictures along a line — 9 times your bet line, 4 — 50 and 5 — 100
- Heart: 3 pictures along a line — 10 times your bet line, 4 — 60 and 5 — 125
- Peace sign: 3 pictures along a line — 10 times your bet line, 4 — 70 and 5 — 150
Bonus symbols are rare, but in addition to their additional functions, they can produce the following payouts:
- White guitar: 3 pictures along a line — 15 times your bet line, 4 — 85 and 5 — 200
- Guitar with a red pattern: 2 pictures along a line — 2 times your bet line, 3 — 20, 4 — 100 and 5 — 400
- Portrait of Jimi Hendrix: 2 pictures along a line — 2 times your bet line, 3 — 20, 4 — 100 and 5 — 400
The last symbol is Wild. A picture of Jimi Hendrix with a white guitar in a gold frame is Scatter. Jimi Hendricks in a red shirt with a guitar is a Bonus symbol. Although you cannot get real winnings in the free version of the slot, you can play for real money Jimi Hendrix visiting the following licensed and legal online casinos.
To set the bet and start the game, you are to use a special control panel. It is found at the bottom of the game screen.
Every visitor of our website receives 5,000 credits for free for betting in the Jimi Hendrix slot. Your current balance is displayed in the Cash section which is on the black line at the bottom of the screen. Nearby are Bet and Win lines that show the bet and winnings in credits.
But stakes and rewards on the control panel are displayed in coins. Their number can be found on the right side of the console in the Coins section. You can regulate this option in the Coin Value tab (the denomination of a coin in relation to one credit) from 0.01 to 0.20. So, you can have a sum of 500,000 to 25,000 coins, but the higher their number, the less the prize in credits.
On the opposite side is the Bet section. It shows how many coins are needed for one reel spin. The indicator is adjusted in the Level section which displays a line bet from 1 to 10. It will be multiplied by the corresponding multiplier in the paytable. Since the number of lines is 20 and unchangeable, the minimum bet per spin is 20 coins, and the maximum bet is 200.
After the bet settings are done, you can activate the reels using the round button in the centre of the control panel. It makes one spin which automatically ends or you can click the button again and the reels will stop instantly.
Nearby are two more start buttons — Max Bet and Auto Play. The first one sets the Level figure to the maximum and makes a single spin. The second one displays a window on the bottom right where you can set the desired number of auto spins (from 10 to 1,000). If you click Advanced settings, you will see additional options for stopping auto spins:
- After any win
- When the Pick and Click bonus starts
- After you get a specified winning for a spin
- If your balance of credits increases by the specified amount
- If your balance of credits decreases by the specified amount
On the right side of the control panel is the button "i". It displays the paytable of the slot, a description of the bonuses and the payline pattern.
Secondary buttons and additional information
In addition to the main buttons on the control panel, the slot also has a number of additional buttons. They are displayed on the bottom left of the page:
- Wrench — allows you to activate high-speed spins of reels, turn off the intro video and screen saver and also allow you to start the slot using the Space key on the keyboard
- Speaker — adjusts the volume of the sound
- Auto — sets auto spins
- Question mark — displays the instructions for managing the slot
Above the reels is a long line that shows various tips during the game.
About the Theme of the Game
NetEnt, the developer of the popular rock slot Guns N 'Roses, themed this slot machine to the legendary guitarist, singer and composer Jimi Hendrix (1942-1970). He was an idol of his time and was a vivid representative of hippy culture performing blues rock, psychedelic rock and hard rock. He is still called the guitar genius and the immortal rock legend. The magazine Rolling Stone recognised Jimi Hendrix as the best guitarist in the world for a reason, and Times in 2009 — the greatest guitar player of all time. Some of the most popular songs of the musician, such as Foxey Lady, Purple Haze, Crosstown Traffic and Little Wing, which made the singer world famous, accompany the game process on the slot.
The Jimi Hendrix slot machine allows all visitors to our website to spin 5 reels free of charge using 5,000 credits. Here, combinations are formed with 3 or more symbols in a row along 20 paylines. It features Wild and Scatter symbols and has 6 different bonuses. The gambling round is not available.
The slot has a bright themed design, high-quality animation and soundtrack. Throughout the game, the reel spins are accompanied by the immortal compositions of the rock virtuoso Jimi Hendrix.