Grand Monarch Slot by IGT Review
Grand Monarch is a slot machine created by IGT. The slot features five reels and a maximum of 50 paylines. It has 13 symbols for creating combinations. You can increase the chance of forming winning combinations by using the Extra Wild symbol. It lands in blocks — four pictures per column. The wild symbol can completely cover any of the five reels.
By collecting three Scatter symbols on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th reels, you will get a series of 5 free spins. The free spins series can be continued by landing three more of these symbols. You can win the greatest prize for five Danaid the monarch butterflies in a row. The payout is 1,000 times your bet per line.
The RTP of the slot is up to 94.97%.
How to play the Grand Monarch online slot
The Grand Monarch slot machine that you can find in the catalogue of our website is a licensed version of the game. When you load it, you automatically get 3,000 credits for your account. Credit — a virtual unit that is used during a gaming session. You will need the balance for betting and setting the reels in motion.
The goal of the game is to increase the number of credits with prizes. Rewards are given for landing winning combinations of symbols. To make a winning combination, you need to collect at least three identical icons in a row. They should be along one of the paylines. Combinations pay from left to right starting with the first reel.
Payline is a line that connects the boxes of the game screen. It forms the pattern for collecting combinations. The more paylines involved, the greater the odds of forming winning combinations.
Before you start the game, learn the control panel. At the bottom of the screen, you will see windows with numbers and buttons. With their help, you can set the options and activate features during the game session. Let's review all panel elements from left to right:
- Lines — a window to specify the number of lines. Using the '+' and '-' buttons, you can set any number in the range of 1 to 50
- Line Bet — the number of credits to be placed on a line. Use the '+' and '-' buttons to select the value you need within the limits of 1 to 50 credits
- Total Bet — a window that displays the size of the total bet (cost of spin). The number indicated in this section depends on the number of selected lines and the line bet. The maximum value of the total wager is 2,500 credits
- Spin — a button that sets the reels in motion
- Win — a window that displays wins for combinations landed as a result of a spin
- Balance — this is your game account
Select the number of lines, set the bet and spin the reels. Do not forget to follow the game figures to know if everything is going well.
Additional buttons with information and settings are at the bottom of the screen. These include:
- Speaker — turns the sound on and off
- Game Rules — a guide with a description and rules of the game
- Paytable — information table that contains info on the value of combinations (multipliers), the payline pattern and the main characteristics of the slot
- Wrench icon — allows you to adjust the quality of graphics and animation during the reel-spins
Symbols and payouts
The best-paying symbols of the Grand Monarch slot machine are:
1. Butterfly. This icon serves as the Wild symbol and is also the top-paying picture in the game. Appearing on any of the reels, the butterfly is able to replace the missing image in a winning combo. The feature of the symbol is that it appears in blocks of four images vertically. So, the odds of forming a winning combination grow. If you land 3, 4 or 5 butterflies on a payline, the prize will be 50, 250 or 1,000 times your line bet respectively.
2. Caterpillar. This picture appears on the second, third and fourth reels. If caterpillar occurs on each of them in any of the four boxes vertically, you will get five free spins and a double multiplier for your total bet.
Other symbols of the slot:
- 9, 10, J and Q produce payouts with multipliers of 5, 25 and 100 for three, four and five pictures in a row
- K and A — 5, 50 and 150
- White and yellow flowers — 25, 75 and 250
- Orchid and lotus — 25, 100 and 500
The information table shows that combinations of three images do not cover the cost of a spin. To get a well-paying combination, you need to collect at least five symbols of numbers and letters and four or five pictures with flowers.
If Scatter symbols (caterpillars) appear simultaneously on the second, third and fourth reels, you will be awarded 5 free spins. During such spins, you will play with the bet that was active during the latest spin. The game involves an Extra Wild — a symbol that drops in blocks of four images.
During free spins, the size of the total bet is not debited from your account. Prizes received in this round are added up with the rewards for the spin that activated the feature. All these winnings are deposited into your account.
Free spins can be restarted by re-forming a combination of three caterpillars. The maximum duration of a series can be 255 free spins.
The Grand Monarch IGT slot machine has a high variance. Most frequently, combinations of three symbols do not pay much. However, you can benefit from free spins. The maximum payout that can be won during free spins (plus the prize for the round that activated them) is 25,000,000 credits.