Realistic Games Software Review
Realistic Games is a developer of slots and table games software for PCs and mobile devices, that was establised in 2002 in the UK. Their product range includes slots, Roulette, Blackjack, Keno, Hi/Lo and Pull Tab games.
Realistic Games Casinos and Partnerships
Since its foundation, Realistic Games has signed partnership agreements with more than twenty casino operators and developers. The ReGaL platform is one of the tools which is used to facilitate and enhance the users' contact with games lists.
At present Realistic Games has partnership agreements with:
- William Hill
- Paddy Power
- Spin Genie
- NYX Gaming Group
- Games Marketing
- Daub Alderney
- Rank Interactive sites
- Rank's Grosvenor Casinos
- Mecca Bingo
- Betsson Group
- Kindred Group
- Mr Green
The popularity of Realistic Games as a partner, not only lies in its own game platform, but also in the possibility of using their consultants to develop and market games. Their experience in the gambling games market developing and distributing games makes the company appealing to players and new developers. Adapting games for mobile devices using HTML5 technology has helped the company feel confident in the sphere of mobile developments and allowed them to stay ahead of the times.
Realistic Games Slots
In the early days, Realistic Games was a casino operator and this experience helped when they began developing thier own slots. Key features of their games are:
- A wide range of mathematical models and mechanisms for various players
- Design, modelling and RTP which provide the users with a fair and exciting experience
- A possibility to play on mobile phones in the portrait and landscape formats
- In flash versions you can play from your personal account
- A user-friendly control panel
- Adjusting the game console on iPad and tablets
- Simplified buttons to configure the bet and number of lines
- Easy access to the rules and game description
They have developed 3 reel and 5 reel slots with bonus features, special rounds and jackpots. Their most popular slots are:
- Hot Cross Bunnies Loadsabunny - has 5 reels and 20 fixed paylines. There are Wild and Scatter symbols, free spins and a jackpot. The Return To Player (RTP) is 94.47%
- Time is Money - has 5 reels and 20 fixed paylines. It has Wild and Scatter symbols, up to 48 free spins, a random multiplier and a jackpot. RTP is 95.45%
- Crystal Clear - has 5 reels and 10 fixed paylines. The unique feature of this game is that as the spin starts, 8 Wilds appear on the reels and if a winning combination is created the symbols turn into Wilds and a free spin is activated, this feature continues until there are no more winning combinations. There is also a Jackpot and the RTP is 95.45%
- Fireworks - has 5 reels and 10 fixed paylines. The key feature is that winning combos are created without having to start on the leftmost reel. Once the progress scale is full a bonus round will be launched. There is a Jackpot and the RTP is 95.15%
- Go Wild On Safari - has 5 reels and 20 fixed paylines. There are Wild and Scatter symbols, free spins, a bonus feature that allows 1 to 3 reels to become Wild reels, a Jackpot and the RTP is 95.32%
Most of the games are distributed on the Realistic Games designed platform, ReGaL and are translated into 17 languages and voice over.
Realistic Games Roulette
Roulette games are designed in 3D and games can be played on PCs, mobile devices with iOS or Android operating systems and Apps, although American roulette is only available on PCs. The control panel is simplified to make the gameplay easier. When the wheel is spinning, you can see the bets and the game register is available. In Flash versions you can find a menu with special settings:
- Choice of the dealer's voice
- Duration of the spin animation
- The colour of the table
- The view mode of the wheel during the spin
Realistic Games Blackjack
All versions of blackjack are available on most platforms. Visual features and aspects of game mechanics are:
- Realistic card dealing and chips moving
- A different number of hands for each platform - up to 5 for Flash, iPad and tablets and 3 for phones
- User-friendly and easy to operate control panel
Each game has advanced settings including the dealer's voice, deal auto stop, in-game messaging and control buttons. Blackjack is played with six decks of playing cards which are shuffled after each deal. You can split the cards of an equal rank and double your bet.
Realistic Games Keno, Hi/Lo and Pull Tabs
Keno by Realistic Games is only available on iPhone and Android devices. You can select from 1 to 15 balls and 20 of the 80 available balls land per round. As in all Keno games the more numbers you match, the larger the payout. For each round you can activate a turbo mode so that the waiting period is reduced.
Hi Lo games are available on all platforms. Your task is to place a bet and guess which out of 12 cards appears next. A wide betting range is available:
- A card of a higher or lower rank
- A certain card
- Several cards
- Black or red
Pull Tabs are similar to scratch cards and are only available on mobile devices. You should place a bet and reveal four tabs. Apart from regular payouts, you can hit the jackpot.
ReGaL was released in 2011. Web wallets FinSoft, RGI, Openbet are OXi are used on this platform. The casinos which were the first to be integrated based on the software by Realistic Games are:
- 2013 - Locus Gaming and Paddy Power
- 2012 - bet365 and Boylesports
- 2011 - Stan James and Bet Victor
ReGaL is written by using Java EE and is based on the software by Red Hat, Oracle and Enterprise DB. The platform offers single and multi-user games, fixed multipliers, progressive jackpots and rounds.
All platforms using the ReGaL platform automatically provide access to additional options.
Realistic Games specializes in the cross-platform development of table games, online slots and games with a fixed bet. All the products by this company are available for:
- Personal computers (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- IPads and iPhones
- Android smartphones and tablets
Realistic Games Consultants
Realistic Games provides consulting services at the request of developers or casino operators. You can receive consultancy in the following areas:
- Distribution platforms
Realistic Games History and Structure
In 2002 Andy Cattrell set up Realistic Games. In 2007 Jason Hopkins joined the company and worked as a developer of ReGaL and in 2011 he took up the post of IT Director. In 2012 Andy Harris held the position of Marketing Director.
In the period from 2005 to 2009 Realistic Games together with third party operators, released half a dozen games. The company's client base at that time comprised of:
- Bet Victor
- Bet Fred
- Stan James
During this period a fixed betting terminal (FOBT) for Ladbrokes and Sazka was developed.
Since 2008 the company has developed its own slots. This is caused by intellectual property laws, cost of slot development, technical and distribution limitations. Since that time the development of the Realistic Games Library (ReGaL) platform began and it was released in April 2011.
Realistic Games regularly release new games and are constantly increasing their number of partners, which enables all new games to become available all over the world in a short space of time.
In 2014 the company received awards in the categories Innovation in Mobile award and Innovation in Slot Provision at the eGaming Review (EGR) B2B Awards.
The Head Office of Realistic Games is located at: 8th Floor North, Reading Bridge House, Reading Bridge, George Street, Reading, Berkshire, United Kingdom, RG1 8LS. Telephone: 0118 958 6960. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Realistic Games is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.