OpenBet Software Review
OpenBet was founded in 1996 in London and creates classic slots and casino table game software, often working in collaboration with other developers. Their online betting software processes over 60% of all bets in the UK.
OpenBet is widely-known in the market for its solutions for online betting. However, their product range also includes slot machines and slots produced jointly with other developers. One of their most important developments is the omni-channel platform. This platform allows users to play gambling games and place bets from any device that is connected to the Internet.
The official website has categorised the products they have developed:
- Slot machines
- Digital table games
- Scratch cards
- Video poker
- Brand games (slots themed to films and popular TV shows)
According to statistics, due to a highly-integrated platform, the company's slots are played up to 5 billion times a year. 2.4 billion of these are from users who play games on their mobile devices and over 300,000 online poker hands have been played. OpenBet´s products can be found in all regulated markets of the world, on over 200 integrated platforms. OpenBet are licensed to develop and supply gambling software by the UK Gambling Commission.
OpenBet develops its own video slots and collaborates with other developers including Ash Gaming, Big Time Gaming and NextGen to create additional games. This is why the most well-known video slots supplied by the company do not always come under the OpenBet trademark. Their most popular slots include:
- Temple of Fortune (Big Time Gaming) - a slot with 5 reels and 20 paylines. The slot comes with the Wild symbol and three bonus icons which form combinations like Scatter. These icons trigger a bonus game regardless of the arrangement on the game screen. The slot offers two bonus games on additional screens and an instant bonus feature on the reels
- Casper's Mystery Mirror (Blueprint Gaming) - a five-reel slot with 40 paylines. The slot features the Wild symbol and a Scatter which triggers free spins. During free spins an additional picture of a mirror appears. At the end of each spin the mirrors transform into one of the icons chosen at random. So, the chances of forming winning combinations increase
- Robyn (Genesis Gaming) - a slot themed to fairy tales with 5 reels and 243 ways to form winning combinations. During the main game bonus symbols appear on the screen: Wild and Scatter. One more special symbol is the picture of a target. At the end of the spin this icon turns into any symbol chosen at random. During free spins the target turns into the Wild symbols
- Mad Mad Monkey (NextGen) - a slot with 5 reels and 50 paylines. The Wild symbol in the main game doubles the prizes for combinations in which it takes part. The Scatter symbol pays awards according to the multipliers for the total bet and triggers free spins. During free spins all the awards are tripled
- Wizard of Odds (Mazooma Interactive Games) - a five-reel slot with 20 paylines. The slot features the Wild symbol and three Scatters. One of them activates the bonus game called Cauldron Bonus, the other triggers a series of free spins with a random extra multiplier and the third one earns instant payouts in proportion to the total bet
Before the company became part of NYX Gaming Group, it had developed an omni-channel platform with a high level of integration. Convenient use of the platform and high level of trust to the products of OpenBet, has allowed the company to establish partnerships with many developers and providers.
The following developer partners should be pointed out:
- Genesis Gaming
- Blueprint Gaming
- Ash Gaming
As far as the platforms are concerned, the main platform of OpenBet is their own development, the omni-channel and the clients of this platform get access to all the range of games and software solutions from OpenBet. Different products of the company are found individually on the following platforms:
- OpenBet Sportsbook
- OpenBet Casino
- OpenBet Poker
- OpenBet Services
- OpenBet In-Venue
- OpenBet Account
Gambling games are launched from the OpenBet platforms up to 5 billion times a year. Each day 8,000 new visitors use this software and the betting area processes over 24 million bets a day.
OpenBet History and Structure
The company was originally called Orbis technology and was founded and registered in 1996 in London, Great Britain, by Clive Haworth, James Caddy and Charles Malir. They released their first sports betting app in time for the 1998 World Cup. In 1999 they launched the the Sky Vegas Live Roulette Channel and the OpenBet Casino and by 2000 Paddy Power, Ladbrokes and Surrey Sports were live on OpenBet. In December 2000, the company was purchased by NDS.
In 2004 James Caddy resigned as CEO and was replaced by David Loveday. The company was renamed OpenBet in 2010 and acquired Alphameric Solutions, a software development company that supplied betting retail products and was later renamed the OpenBet Retail division.
OpenBet was sold by NDS for 208 million GBP in January 2011. In March 2013 David Loveday resigned as CEO and COO Jeremy Thompson-Hill took on this role. In April 2015 OpenBet acquired its Greek subsidiary Athens Technology Center S.A. The Openbet Greece location has helped expand their position in European markets.
In 2017 the company was purchased by NYX Gaming Group corporation and Jeremy Thompson-Hill stepped down. Key management posts are held by:
- Chief Executive Officer - Matt Davey
- Group Chief Operations Officer - Jason Walbridge
- Chief Financial Director - Eric Matejevich
- Chief Strategy Officer - Huw Thomas
- Chief Legal Officer - Todd McTavish
- Chief Human Resources Manager - Doreena Ross
- Chief Architect - Lionel Wolovitz
- Group Chief Tehnology Officer - Chris Armes
- Executive Vice President Sportsbook - Keith O´Loughlin
- Chief Executive Officer NextGen Gaming - Scott Smith
- Executive Vice President Gaming - Dylan Slaney
Uninterrupted supply and prompt technical support are provided from six offices located in different corners of the world. The Head Office is located at: Fourth Floor, Building 9, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5XT. Representative offices of OpenBet are:
- OpenBet North America (Canada) - 1255 Phillips Square, Suite 1002, Montreal, Quebec H3B 3G1, Canada
- OpenBet Asia Pacific Pty Ltd (Australia) - Level 17, Optus Building, 367 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia
- OpenBet Singapore Pte. Ltd (Singapore) - 16 Raffles Quay, #33-03, Singapore 048581
- OpenBet Hellas S.A. (Greece) - 7 Fragoklisys Street, Marousi 15125, Athens, Greece
- OpenBet Retail Ltd (UK) - Bishopsgate House, Broadford Park, Shalford, Surrey GU4 8ED, UK
The company's official website is: https://www.openbet.com. Telephone number: +44 (0) 20 8742 1600. Fax: +44 (0) 20 8742 2649. E-mail:
- Info@openbet.com - General Enquiries
- Sales@openbet.com - Sales Department
- Press@openbet.com - Press Office
The company is also present on social networks:
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/openbet_ltd
- Linkedin - https://www.linkedin.com/company/165331/