Online Slot Review of The True Sheriff by Betsoft
The True Sheriff is a slot game themed to the Wild West and developed by Betsoft. It has 5 reels, 30 adjustable paylines, a Wild, a Scatter and a bonus game. There is a round of up to 30 free spins and you can double the prizes won in the gamble round.
The True Sheriff Free Spins
The Sheriff's badge is the Scatter and if 3 or more symbols land anywhere on the reels that will create winning combinations and they will also activate 10–15 free spins. Free spins are played with the same bet settings you had during the main game and they cannot be changed. Three symbols award 10 free spins, four award 12 free spins and five award 15.
One more bonus feature is active during free spins. Every time a Scatter symbol appears on the reels, it will be added to a separate scale. After free spins are over you will win additional payouts, depending on the number of segments of the scale that are filled. Your reward will be proportional to your total bet.
Wild Guns Bonus
The gun symbol anywhere on the third reel activates the Wild Guns feature. The sheriff who is next to the game screen, shoots several times and turns random symbols into Wilds. These symbols then trigger free re-spins and stay fixed in their positions.
Symbols with the word "Wild" replace missing symbols in combinations and can also create combinations of three, four and five symbols in a row if they land on adjacent reels along one of the active paylines,starting with the leftmost reel.
Once the gun appears between sheriff and villain symbols, the bonus game is launched. The length of a combination and the position of symbols affect this bonus level. There are four types of combinations with the gun, the symbols need to land in the order "sheriff–gun–villain" or "villain–gun–sheriff" and can only land:
- On the first, second and third reels
- On the third, fourth and fifth reels
However, if the winning combo lands on the second, third and fourth reels, so the gun is in the centre of the screen, the Wild Guns bonus as described above, will become active but the bonus game will not be launched.
You will see a duel between the sheriff and the villain and you need to play a "heads or tails" game to try to guess the result. If you guess correctly, you will win and the villain will be defeated. If you guess incorrectly you will lose.
By guessing correctly several times in a row, you move the scale to the largest prize of the bonus game. Your win depends on the size of your total bet, so the higher the cost of a spin, the greater payout you will get.
Symbols and Payouts
Rewards in the paytable are shown in credits and the size changes depending on your bet and line settings. Below we list the winnings for combinations if you are playing with the maximum bet:
- 10 and J - 25, 100 and 450 coins for three, four and five symbols of a kind
- Q and K - 25, 150 and 600
- A - 50, 225 and 900
- A lady - 75, 300 and 1,200
- A man with grey moustache - 75, 450 and 1,800
- A villain - 150, 600 and 4,500
- A sheriff - 150, 900 and 6,000
You can see in the pay table that only two symbols out of nine cover the cost of a spin by appearing in three positions in a row. Special symbols help you increase rewards. These are:
- A gun - is a symbol that launches free spins
- The Wild - is a blue picture that says "Wild"
- The Scatter - is the sheriff's badge
Are you enjoying playing The True Sheriff by Betsoft online for free but want the additional thrill of playing online slots for real money? Then read the NeonSlots article to learn how to play in online casinos.
If you want, you can increase your payouts for combinations received during regular spins in the Gamble game. Click the Double Up button and a mini-game will open on an additional screen. In this round you need to guess the colour of the playing card.
The right guess will double your prize for the combination. The wrong guess will wipe out your win. You can claim your rewards or decline the double-up game using the Collect button.
How to Play The True Sheriff for Free
The trial version of The True Sheriff slot by Betsoft on our website is a licensed demo of the real game. You can adjust the value of credit by using the buttons or the slider on the control panel. Your main aim is to collect winning combinations as described above.
You can set the game parameters by using the buttons on the control panel found at the bottom of the screen. The same panel also displays game information:
- The Paylines section - shows the number of active paylines which can be adjusted in the range of 1 to 30 by using the "+" and "-" buttons
- ¼, ½, ¾ and Max buttons - set the denomination and your line bet. You can also set your own figures by moving the slider found under the buttons. The value of credit ranges from 0.02 to 1 game unit and the line bet from 1 to 5 credits
- Spin - is a button that launches one spin
- Auto Play - enables the autospin mode and sets a series of 5 to 100 spins
- Double Up - activates the bonus round once one or several winning combinations land during the main game
- Bet - shows your total bet per spin. It is calculated by multiplying the number of paylines by your line bet
- Win - shows your prize for combinations appearing during a spin
- Balance and Credits windows - show the amount in your account in game units and credits respectively
Paytable and Options buttons are found at the top of the screen. Paytable opens the window with the pay table and the description of bonus options. The Options button opens a window with additional settings for the graphics, sound and animations of spins.
Would you like to keep enjoying free games? NeonSlots offers a wide range of online slots to play for free.