Slot Review of Sizzling Hot Quattro™ Online Slot by Novomatic
Sizzling Hot Quattro™ created by developers Greentube (Novomatic) is a traditional fruit themed online slot with an unusual layout and a free play option. The main playing area is divided into 4 sections, each section has 5 reels with 3 rows and 5 paylines which gives you a total of 20 reels, 12 rows and 20 paylines. The symbols are fruits, stars and 7s continuing the traditional one armed bandit theme that you can play for free. The star is a Scatter symbol and there is also a double or nothing round.
Symbols and Payouts
A combination of identical symbols which run along an active payline, line up on adjacent reels starting with the first reel on the left, are considered winning if 3 or more appear, except for the cherries whose combinations start from as few as 2 identical symbols. Only the highest win per line will be paid. The symbols and payouts listed in the paytable changes according to your line and bet settings. The themed symbols award payouts for combos of 3, 4, or 5 symbols and are the number 7, a Watermelon, Grapes, a Plum, an Orange, a Lemon and Cherries which award payouts for combos of 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols.
The Star is the scatter symbol and it has its own multipliers for combos of 3, 4 or 5 symbols landing anywhere on the screen. Only the highest paying Scatter combo will pay, and Scatter wins and line wins are added together.
Double or Nothing Game
After every successful spin you have the option to gamble your winnings in the Double or Nothing game. You can collect your winnings using the Collect button or gamble them using the Gamble button. You will see a face down playing card whose design rapidly changes from blue to red. On the left of the card is a Red button and on the right, a Black button. In the top right corner of the screen you will see the previous 5 cards and in the top left corner you will see both the Gamble and the Gamble to win amounts. Click on your choice of Red or Black and if your guess is correct then you can continue to choose the colours of the cards or collect your winnings. However, If you are incorrect then you will lose all your winnings and return to the main game.
Having mastered free to play demo of the Sizzling Hot Quattro slot, you may wish to discover Novomatic´s fruit machine Sizzling Hot Deluxe online for free.
Buttons and Controls of the Slot
There are two different versions of this slot and depending on which device on country you are playing from, you will either see the version that has a control panel beneath the reels or the version with a menu box.
Across the bottom of the screen you will see the control panel. In the credit box you will see your balance in credits. Next to that is a larger box which displays messages and the amount of winnings. The box labelled "Last Win" displays the amount of your previous win.
Below these boxes you will see:
- Autoplay - instantly activates the autoplay mode. Using your current bet settings, the reels will keep spinning, until your balance has insufficient funds or you stop them manually, using the stop button which replaces the Autospins button when this mode is active. The gamble round is not available during the autoplay mode
- Paytable - opens and closes the paytable which shows you the multipliers for all of the symbols
- Lines - you cannot change the number of active paylines as they are fixed at 5
- Bet/Line - clicking on the - or + boxes will change your bet per line
- Bet - shows your current bet per spin
- Gamble - opens the double or nothing bonus round when you have landed a winning combination on the screen. Note, when you are looking at the payable this button changes into "more info" which allows you to scroll through the paytable, information about free games and the rules of the game
- Start - using the current bet settings, this button will start one spin of the reels. If a spin is successful this will turn into the "Collect" button which you can use to collect your winnings
In the top right hand corner of the screen you will see the Exit button, click on this if you wish to leave the game, and the help button which opens a detailed description of the game. The musical note adjusts the background music and the speaker icon switches the sound on or off. For widescreen view, click on the image of a screen with arrows pointing towards the middle, or use the box with arrows pointing from the centre to each corner, to open the full-screen mode. There is also a clock displaying the current time.
On the right side of the screen you will see a transparent box that has two sections, the top section opens the menu options and the bottom section allows you to spin the reels once or start the autospin mode.
By clicking on the Menu section you will see the following options:
- Sound - turns the sound on or off
- Music - turns on or off the background music which accompanies the gameplay
- I - opens the paytable that shows all payouts in relation to your line and bet settings
- Deposit - opens the pages of the casino where you can top up your account
- Exit Game - click here to leave the game
- Lines - the number of paylines is fixed at 5 and cannot be changed
- Bet/Line - using the arrows above and below the numbers you can change the amount of credits you wish to bet per line
- Max Bet - instantly sets the maximum bet
If you wish to switch the slot to Autospin mode:
You need to click and hold the mouse button on the transparent box that says Hold for Autospin, once the background of the button has completely changed colour from the top to the bottom, release the mouse button and the Autospin options screen will open. You can configure how many rounds you would like to play, set a loss limit and automatically stop the autoplay if a single win exceeds a certain amount. Click this button again to stop the Autospins.
The total bet for each spin is shown at the bottom of the screen. The balance in credits and the amount of credits previously won are displayed in the dark blue line below. A clock showing the local time is displayed in the top left of the screen.
Reality Check - This new feature from Greentube is only available on the html5 version of this online one armed bandit. You can set it to interrupt your game after a certain time has passed and it will give you the statistics of your game play including session duration, how much you have bet, the amount of winnings you have received and your account history. You can then choose whether to continue to play or close the game. Add a little sparkle to your gaming at online casinos where you can play your favourite games for real money.