Gladiator Online Slot by Playtech Review
Gladiator is a slot by Playtech that features characters from the epic 2008 film as symbols. Enter the amphitheater and watch as Emperor Commodus, Lucilla, Senator Gracchus, Trainer Proximo and Juba the Champion Gladiator help create wins. The Coliseum symbol starts a bonus round of free spins with a random multiplier when 3 or more appear and the Gladiators helmet launches a pick and win bonus game. Earn some golden rewards as you spin the reels and relive the best parts of this legendary movie and its accompanying sound track.
|THEME||TV & Films|
|Features||Freespins, Bonus Game|
Bonus Rounds of the Gladiator Slot
There are three additional rounds in the Gladiator slot themed to the movie: Coliseum bonus with free spins, Gladiator Bonus with additional winnings and the double-up game to double your winnings.
3, 4 or 5 Scatters as Coliseum, appeared anywhere on the 5 reels open the window with four rows of stones. Your aim is to choose a stone from each row. The first row determines the number of free spins, the second - the size of the additional multiplier, and the third - the additional Scatter of the regular symbols, the fourth - the Wild.
You get three additional free spins for the symbol of the Emperor in the golden crown, appeared during free spins. It is impossible to extend the session of free spins differently. The payouts in this round are awarded with the previous bets. You cannot change the bet, the 25 paylines or the coin value during free spins.
Three Wilds in the game window activate this bonus game. You will see nine helmets of silver, bronze and gold in the additional game window. You earn winnings for each helmet. The best-paying helmet is the golden one.
Symbols and Winning Combinations
The Gladiator slot comes with both regular and special symbols. The one forms winning combinations. Only combinations of 3, 4 or 5 identical symbols on a payline counted from left to right are regarded as winning. But some combinations can be formed out of two symbols. Bonus symbols perform special functions. Regular symbols of the slot:
- Emperor in a golden crown - is the best-paying of the slot, which produces the multipliers of 8, 75, 500 or 5,000 for combinations of 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols
- Girl - 7, 50, 250 or 1,000
- Grey-haired man - 25, 75 or 350
- Warrior in armor and man in blue headdress - 20, 60 or 250
- Playing cards "A" and "K" - 15, 50 or 200
- "Q" and "J" - 10, 40 or 120
- "9" and "10" - 8, 20 and 75
Apply the multiplier of a combination by the line bet to determine the size of the payout. Only the highest winning combination on a payline will pay you a reward. Bonus symbols of the slot are:
- Coliseum - is the Scatter that does not depend on paylines. For 2, 3, 4 or 5 Scatter symbols in any boxes of the reels, you will receive multipliers of 1, 4, 20 and 100. Three or more Coliseum symbols activate the Coliseum Bonus round with free spins
- Gladiator helmet - is the Wild symbol that appears only on the second, third and forth reel. The Wild symbol replaces other symbols in combinations, except for the Scatter. The picture of the helmet, appearing on all three reels activates the Gladiator Bonus game
Create any winning combination and click the Gamble button to launch the double-up game. During the free spins session you cannot launch the double-up game. Your aim is to guess the colour of the hidden playing card (black or red). If you guess is correct, your last win is doubled and you can try your luck in the double-up game again. If you make a mistake, your wins will be nullified, and the round will be over. Click the Collect button to end the double-up game and take the current winnings.
How to Play the Gladiator Slot
Use the special control panel with buttons to play the game by Playtech:
- Coin value determines the value of one coin, from 0.01 to 5 credits. Credits will be converted into coins to simplify the calculations while you place the bets
- Lines - sets active lines from 1 to 25. Also, you can use the buttons around the game window to determine the number of paylines
- Bet Per Line - determines your line bet from 1 to 10 coins. The size of the bet in credits depends on the coin value
- Spin - starts a single spin at the current bet. Click it during a reel spin to stop the reels immediately
- Bet Max - activates a spin with the maximum bet of 250 coins
- Auto Start - activates the auto spin mode. Above this button, there are “-” and “+” buttons in the Spin section. Use it to determine the number of auto spins, whose maximum is 99
- Stop - stops the reels during the auto spins
- Info - opens the pay table with payouts and short rules of the game
- Gamble - each successful reel spin launches the double-up game, where you can double your win for the last spin
The control panel displays such windows as:
- Lines - shows the number of active paylines
- Line Bet - shows the size of your line bet
- Total Bet - shows the total bet. This indicator is also displayed in credits
- Win - shows your last win
- Cashier - shows the number of credits in your account
There are two service buttons above the reels of the online slot:
- A button with a speaker - regulates the sound
- The wrench icon - opens the additional menu, where you will find buttons to set the service settings of the game and call the menu with detailed rules
Set the main values to start the game: the cost of one coin, the bet per spin and the number of paylines. The Gladiator online slot noted for its simple rules and interesting bonuses. To get good winnings on the slot, you need to land a combination of 5 symbols with the main character as an Emperor or to launch the session of free spins.