Fortune Spells Slot by EGT Review
Fortune Spells comes with 5 reels with 3 fields each and 10 paylines,. This slot by EGT features the Wild symbol. The slot also features a round of free spins, a risk game and gives you a chance to hit the progressive jackpot. The maximum payout for a winning combination is 100,000 coins.
|Features||Freespins, Gamble Round, Jackpot|
Gameplay in Fortune Spells
The game is played on five reels, next to which you will see the columns with paylines. Progressive jackpot meters are up on the top. Underneath the reels is the control panel that contains the following buttons and sections:
- Balance — displays your current balance
- A blue button with a speaker — enables/disables the sound effects
- A green button with four arrows — expands the game window to full screen and returns it to its regular size
- A button with a letter "i" — opens the paytable with the description of bonuses and the list of appropriate rewards for winning combinations
- An orange button with two round arrows — launches the autospins
- A blue button of denomination — sets the coin value in credits. You can assign your own denomination values only in the full version. By default, the coin value will be 1 credit in the trial version
- Five yellow buttons with numbers — determine a specific bet, launch single spins and stop the reels prematurely
- A button with a house — to exit the game
- The Last Win window — displays your reward for the current spin
- The Gamble button (under the Last Win window) — launches the risk game
Setting your bet and launching the reels
To determine the size of your bet, click on one of the yellow buttons with numbers. They have the word "Bet" written on the top and the size of the bet per spin right in the centre. Before each spin you will see the Start button under this button. When the reels are in motion, the words below will change to "Stop All". When you click on that button at that moment, the reels will come to a stop.
The size of your bet will depend on the number of active paylines. Next to the reels you will see two columns with the numbers 1, 3, 5, 7 and 10. Click on any of them to set the desired number of paylines.
The minimum bet will be 1 coin and the maximum will be 200. With one active payline the bets on the five buttons will range between 1 and 20 coins. With ten paylines — 10 to 200 coins.
Symbols and payouts in Fortune Spells
Fortune Spells features 10 symbols. All pictures will earn you a reward once a combo of several identical pictures lands on the reels. The amount of the reward will depend on both the number and the type of the symbols.
Winning combinations are read from left to right, starting with the first reel. A winning combo must contain at least 2 to 3 symbols. Below is a list of payouts for various combinations with the maximum bet of 200 coins.
Payouts for symbols
- A white bearded wizard will earn you 200, 2,000, 20,000 and 100,000 coins for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols respectively
- A white unicorn — 400, 5,000 and 50,000 for 3, 4, 5 pictures
- A fairy with wings — 100, 800, 8,000 and 40,000 for 2, 3, 4 and 5 pictures
- A gnome in red and a toadstool — 100, 600, 2,000 and 15,000
- Ace and King — 100, 800 and 3,000 for 3, 4, 5 symbols
- Queen, Jack and Ten — 100, 500 and 2,000
Functions performed by the special symbol
The Fortune Spells slot comes with 1 special symbol, which is the Wild represented by a white unicorn. This symbol performs two extra functions:
- It can act as any other picture and complete the winning combos
- It can award you with 12 free spins
Free spins in Fortune Spells
Three or more pictures of a white unicorn landing anywhere on the reels will trigger a series of 12 free spins. This is when expanding Wild symbols will start coming up. One of the Fortune Spells symbols will be selected at random at the very beginning of free spins, which will act as the special one.
This symbol will stretch along the entire reel, which will give you more chances to win. If free spins are relaunched, you will get 12 more free spins with the same symbol.
Each winning combo provides you with a chance to at least double your winnings. Fortune Spells lets you risk any reward under 350 coins.
Once you land a winning combo, the Gamble button under the Last Win section will become active. By clicking on it you will launch the doubling game. You will see a card lying face down. This is when the signs on the five buttons from 10 to 200 will be replaced with the word "Collect". Your objective in this round is to guess the colour of the card. You can make your selection by using either the button that says "Red" or the one that says "Black". If you guessed correctly, your winnings will be doubled and you can go on with the doubling game. If your guess is wrong, the rewards that you earned in the round and in the most recent spin will be forfeited, the round will be over and you will go back to the main game.
If you do not feel like risking your winnings, go ahead and click on the active button with your bet in the bottom of the screen. This is when your winnings will be added to your account and the round will come to an end too.
Jackpot Cards bonus game
The full version of Fortune Spells provides you with a chance to win the progressive jackpot, which consists of four different levels, each of them represented by one of the card suits. You will see the meters for these jackpots above the reels:
- The first level — clubs
- Second level — diamonds
- Third level — hearts
- Fourth level — spades
You can get one of them during the Jackpot Cards bonus round that will be triggered at random. 12 cards will come up on the screen. You will have to keep opening the cards until you come up with three of the same suit. This is when you will be entitled to the appropriate jackpot. The amount of the reward will depend on the amount of credits displayed on the meter.
Fortune Spells features an interface with a large number of settings, a round of free spins and a progressive jackpot. The risk game will give you a chance to boost your winnings each time you land a successful combo.