Online Slot Review of Forest Nymph by Casino Technology
The Forest Nymph 5 reel slot features 15 paylines and is available in demo version to play for free. The slot by Casino Technology is themed to the enchanted forest and animals. It features a Wild which doubles payout amounts and the Scatter that launches a round of 15 free spins. The double or nothing gamble game enables you to multiply your prize x2 or x4.
Once three or more symbols with the Celtic cross come up on the reels, you earn a payout in credits and win 15 free spins. All prizes earned during free spins are tripled except for the combination of five forest nymphs.
If three or more Scatters land on the reels, you will get an additional 15 free spins.
Symbols and Multipliers
The Forest Nymph slot has 13 symbols including those of animals and their payout size depends on the number and type of identical pictures in a combination.
Combinations are created from left to right from the leftmost reel and must have 2 or 3 symbols as a minimum. Winning combinations are only formed along an active payline. Only Scatter symbols pay you rewards regardless of their position on the reels.
The payouts are listed with the maximum bet in the html5 version of the slot. Payouts for combinations of regular symbols are:
- A nymph - 300, 7,500, 45,000 and 300,000 coins for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols, respectively
- A fox or a boar - 60, 750, 3,750 and 22,500
- A pot of gold - 600, 3,000 and 12,000 for 3, 4 and 5 symbols
- An owl or a raven - 450, 2,250 and 7,500
- A and K - 300, 1,500 and 3,750
- Q, J and 10 - 150, 750 and 3,000
- 9 - 60, 150, 750 and 3,000 for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols
If a Wild symbol takes part in a combination, all payouts are doubled.
The Forest Nymph slot features Wild and Scatter symbols. The Wild is the picture of a forest nymph and can replace any other symbol in a combination, except for the Scatter.
Combinations that involve this picture pay twice than those without it. For example, three pots of gold earn you a reward of 600 coins. Two pots plus a nymph, which replaces the third picture, pay 1,200 coins.
Scatter is the picture of the Celtic cross. Three or more of these symbols in any position of the game window trigger free spins. Three, four and five of these pictures pay 900, 2,250, 4,500 and 45,000 credits with the maximum bet.
Double or Nothing Gamble Round
When any winning combination is formed in the game window, you can double or quadruple your prize.
You need to click the X2 button or Double Up (depending on the version of the slot) to start the game. A playing card face down will come up on the screen. The Red and Black buttons are on the right. Your task is to guess the colour of the card and click the corresponding button. With the correct guess, your winnings will increase twice.
Four buttons are found to the left of the card with which you can choose the suit. If your guess is correct, your win will increase four times. In both cases, the wrong guess cancels your prize, the game ends and you return to the main game.
To avoid risking the whole amount, click the ½ button or Half Gamble. A half of the amount will be added to your balance and the other half will be available to play with. The limit in the game is 50 times the total bet.
The blue button with a hand is always active (Take Win) and by using it, you can add your win to your account and finish the game.
How to Play the Forest Nymph Slot
Casino Technology has released the Forest Nymph slot in two versions, which involve flash or html5 technology. Versions are different by the control panel design, the range of bets and the size of rewards for winning combinations. Though they have identical multipliers.
In the top left corner of the html5 version of the Forest Nymph slot, you can find a green button with the "i" letter — it opens a paytable that lists payouts for combinations and bonuses. The red button of denomination is found in the top right corner. The cost of a credit can only be changed in the full version of the slot. In the trial version, it is 0.01 by default.
The sections with numbers from 1 to 5 are found on both sides of the reels. If you click any value, the corresponding number of paylines will be activated. The maximum number (15 paylines) is activated using the button with a gear.
The control buttons and information windows in this model of the slot are found below the reels:
- A button with a gear - adjusts the bet, activates paylines and activates the auto mode
- Last Win - shows how much you have won in the current spin
- Total Bet - displays the total bet per spin If you click this section, a triangle with a "+" sign will come up. It raises the size of your bet per line by one at a time
- Credit - displays the amount in your balance
- A blue button with an orange triangle - spins the reels 1 time and also stops the spin before time. If you click and hold it for 2 seconds, the auto spin mode will start. To exit it, you need to click the button at the moment when it displays the Stop word
The flash version of the slot has the following buttons and info sections:
- Game Menu - opens a window with an additional list of settings
- Total Bet - displays the size of the total bet per spin. If you click this window, the maximum possible bet will be activated, which is 750 credits in this version
- A red square button - a button for the denomination. Only one option of the credit cost is available in the game for free — 0.01 of a coin
- Credit - shows the current state of your game balance in credits. To see the status of your account in coins, you have to click this section once and it will change to Cash
- Win - shows the size of your latest win
- Bet - places from 1 to 50 credits on the payline
- Lines - activates from 1 to 15 paylines
- Pay Table - opens the paytable
- Start - begins one spin
Also, 15 sectors, which are provided to activate the corresponding number of paylines, are found on both sides of the game reels.
The flash version of the slot also has additional buttons that enable you to turn the sound off or to activate the full screen mode of the game. They are found at the bottom of the panel.
Setting your Bet and Launching the Reels
The bet is adjusted with two parameters: the bet per line and the number of active paylines. To adjust the bet, you must click the button with a gear or Game Menu, depending on the version of the slot.
In the first case, a window with three sections opens. The first section, with a stack of coins in the top part, is for configuring the bet per line. The triangles with "+" and "-" signs enable you to set a value between 1 and 30. To immediately select a maximum bet, you must click the section with a number that is found below the stack of coins. In this case, its size will be 450 credits.
In the same way, you activate and deactivate paylines - they are adjusted in the second section with lines. The range varies from 1 to 15 paylines.
The third section of the menu with the "A" letter and two arrows is for starting the auto mode. You can set from 5 to 100 spins. To start the mode, click the blue button with an orange triangle.
In the second case, after clicking the Game Menu button, a new window opens with additional control buttons:
- Five Lines buttons with values of 1-5, 5-7, 7-9, 9-15 and 15 - activate the corresponding number of paylines
- Five Bet buttons with values of 1-5, 5-10, 10-20, 20-30 and 30 - select the size of your bet per line. Note that the full range of bets is not available here. You can only place more than 30 credits on the line from the control panel
- Max Bet - sets the highest bet per spin in one click - 750 credits
- Music - adjusts the volume of music and sound
- Help Pays - opens a section describing bonuses and a list with rewards for winning combinations of symbols
- Auto Play - configures a series of auto spins. However, this button is not active in this version
If you have enjoyed playing the demo version of the Forest Nymph slot and wish to play for real money then read our casino reviews to find one that suits you.