Book of Ra Classic slot by Novomatic
Egyptian themed slot Book of Ra by Novomatic is set in Ancient Egypt as the sun sets in the sky. Between two Egyptian pillars the 5 reels spin with symbols that represent an archaeologist explorer, a Sarcophagus with a hook and staff, a statue of Isis, a scarab beetle and the Book of Ra which is the Scatter. If 3 or more scatters land, they will launch 10 free games with a randomly selected expanding Wild. Let the Book of Ra be your guide as you play. You can continue the Archeologist's adventure by playing Book of Ra Deluxe or Book of Ra Deluxe 6 Play these games for free using their demo versions.
Free Games of Book of Ra Online
A round of 10 Free Spins in the Book of Ra by Novomatic are launched when 3 or more scatters symbols land anywhere on the 5 reels, you will need to click on the start button to randomly select a special symbol which can expand to cover all 3 positions on the reel. If the minimum number of symbols needed to create a combo are present after the payout of regular symbols, the expanding symbol will be triggered. If three more scatter symbols land during the free games session you will win another round of 10 Free Games. During gameplay the same bet and line settings that were in place before the free games round was triggered, remain.
Symbols and Payouts
A winning combination is when symbols line up from left to right starting with the first reel and run along one of the up to 9 active paylines. Only the highest win per line will be paid. This slot has 5 themed symbols, the Book of Ra, an Archeologist, a Pharaoh´s statue, a Goddess Idol, a Scarab beetle and playing card symbols 10, J, Q, K and A, the multipliers for them can be found in the paytable and apply to the bet per line.
The Scatter symbol is the Book of Ra and it awards payouts for its own combinations landing anywhere on the screen. It can also be used as a substitute for all other symbols to complete or extend existing combos and 3 or more scatter symbols also award you with 10 free games. Only the highest paying Scatter combo will pay and if more that one combination lands, the highest line and scatter wins will be added together.
Once you have landed a winning combination in the Gaminator online slot, you can choose to gamble or collect your winnings. If you choose to gamble, click on the gamble button and a new screen will open showing a face down card with a large red button on the left and a large black button on the right. Just above and to the right you can see the 5 previous cards. You need to decide if the face down card is red or black by clicking on the relevant button. A successful choice will double your winnings, however an unsuccessful choice will lose them. You can gamble your winnings up to 5 times consecutively, providing you are successful each time, or you can choose to collect your winnings at any time by clicking on the collect button. Remember during the autoplay mode the gamble round is not available.
Buttons and Controls of the Slot
Depending on which country or device you are playing from, you will see two different versions of this game. One has a menu box which opens the settings for the game and the other has a control panel beneath the reels.
Reality Check - This new feature from Novomatic interactive developer Greentube is only available on the html5 version of this online slot game. You can set it to interrupt your game after a certain time has passed and it will give you the statistics of your game play including session duration, how much you have bet, the amount of winnings you have received and your account history. You can then choose whether to continue playing or close the game. On the right side of the screen you will see a transparent box that has two sections, the top section opens the menu options and the bottom section allows you to spin the reels once or start the autospin mode. By clicking on the Menu section you will see the following options:
- Sound - switches the sound on or off
- Music - turns the background music on or off
- Paytable - opens the paytable, which displays the payouts for winning combinations, these figures change to reflect your linen and bet settings
- Top Up - if you are playing for real money you can use this button to go to the pages of the casino
- Exit Game - closes the game
- Lines - use the arrows to change the number of active paylines
- Bet/Line - change the amount of credits you wish to bet per line using the arrows
- Max Bet - instantly applys the maximum bet and number of paylines
- To stop the reels spinning manually, click anywhere on the reels
If you wish to switch the slot to Autospin mode: instead of clicking on the circular arrow below the Menu section, if you click and hold the mouse button, you will see the background of the button changing colour, when it has fully changed you can release the mouse button and the autospins will commence. To stop autospins, click this button again. At the bottom of the screen you will see the total bet for each spin. Below this is a line with a dark blue background. On the left you will see your balance in credits and the amount of credits previously won is displayed on the right.
On the bottom of the screen you will see all of the controls and game information in a control panel. The credit box displays your balance in credits and the larger box next to it shows winning amounts and messages such as "Please place your bet" or "Good Luck!". Further to the right you will see a box called "Last Win" which displays the amount of your previous win. Underneath these boxes are the following buttons:
- Autoplay - instantly activates the autoplay mode where the reels will keep spinning using your current bet settings, until your balance has insufficient funds or you stop them manually, however, during the autoplay mode the gamble round is not available
- Paytable - opens the paytable
- Lines - change the number of active paylines by clicking on the - or + boxes
- Bet/Line - click on the - or + boxes to change your bet per line from 0.05, 0.08, 0.10, 0.15, 0.20, 0.30, 0.40, 0.50, 0.80, 1, 1.50, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 or 10 credits
- Bet - shows your current bet per spin which is calculated by multiplying the bet per line by the number of lines
- Gamble - you can use this button to open the gamble round, additionally when you are looking at the payable this button changes into "more info" and every click will stake you to the next page of the paytable information
- Start - triggers one spin of the reels with the current bet settings and if a spin is successful this will change into the "Collect" button which you can click to collect your winnings
The numbers 1 to 9 are on the left and right of the reels and represent the paylines. The number inside each box shows how much the bet per line is and clicking on them will show you the payline pattern. In the top right hand corner of the screen you will see a help button, an Exit button, a musical note that adjusts the background music settings, a speaker icon which switches the sound on or off, buttons to change the size of the screen and there is a clock. Top Up and Pay In buttons are found In the top left corner and can be used to add credits to your account when playing for real money.