Online Game Review of Aztec Power by Novomatic
Aztec Power by Novomatic subsidiary Greentube, is themed to the Aztecs of Southern America. It has 5 reels with 3 symbols on each and there are 25 fixed paylines, available to play for fun and for real money. There are Scatter and Wild symbols, free games with a power line feature and a double or nothing/risk game.
Aztec Power Free Games
When 3 Scatter symbols of an Aztec Idol land on the 1st, 3rd and 5th reels, 20 free games with the Power Line feature will be triggered. The Power Line is on payline 1 and it´s multiplier increases by 1 with each Free Game. Once a winning combo lands on the Power Line, the Multiplier will reset to x2. Payouts are based on the same bet and line settings that were in place before the round was triggered and if three scatters land again during the Free Games, they will not win further free games. Once the round has finished, the current multiplier is multiplied by the current bet and added to any winnings.
Symbols and Payouts
When 3, 4 or 5 identical symbols line up from left to right along an active payline, starting with the leftmost reel, they are considered winning. Only the highest win per line will be paid. This slot has 4 themed symbols an Aztec Chief, an Aztec Temple, a Headdress or a Dagger and 5 playing card symbols, 10, J, Q, K and A.
- The Wild symbol - an Aztec bird with a green gemstone, will only appear on reels 2, 3 and 4. It has no payouts for its own combinations but it can be used as a substitute for all other symbols, except for the Scatter, to complete or extend an existing combination
- The Scatter symbol - an Aztec Idol, will only land on the 1st, 3rd and 5th reels. If 3 or more of these symbols land anywhere on the reels, they trigger 20 free games with the Power Line feature
If you have felt the thrill of playing the Aztec Power slot by Greentube for free, imagine just how much more exciting it can get if you play the online slot for real money.
Double or Nothing
Once you have landed a winning combination you can choose to gamble or collect your winnings. If you choose to gamble, click on the gamble button to open a new screen showing a face down card with a large red button on the left and a large black button on the right. At the top of the screen the 5 previous cards are displayed, as well as the Gamble and Gamble to Win amounts. You need to decide if the face down card will be red or black by clicking on the relevant button. An unsuccessful choice will mean that your winnings are lost, however, a successful choice will double your winnings. You can continue to play this game, or collect your winnings at any time by clicking on the collect button. The gamble round is not available if you are playing in autoplay mode.
Buttons and Controls of the Slot
Depending on which country or device you are playing from you will see one of the two different versions of this slot. The original version has a control panel beneath the reels and the new HTML5 version has a menu box which opens the settings for the game.
Across the bottom of the screen you will see the control panel. In the credit box you will see your balance in credits. Next to that is a larger box which displays messages and the amount of winnings. The box labelled "Last Win" displays the amount of your previous win.
Below these boxes you will see:
- Autoplay - clicking on this button will instantly activate the autoplay mode. The reels will keep spinning, using your current bet settings, until your balance has insufficient funds or you stop them manually, using the "stop" button. During the autoplay mode the gamble round is not available
- Paytable - opens and closes the paytable which shows you the multipliers for all of the symbols
- Lines - the number of paylines is fixed at 25 and cannot be changed
- Bet/Line - clicking on the - or + boxes here will change your bet per line
- Bet - shows your current bet per spin which is calculated by multiplying the number of lines by the bet per line
- Gamble - only active when a winning combination lands on the screen, this button will take you to the double or nothing bonus round. Also when you are looking at the payable this button changes into "more info" and each click will take you from the paytable, to the information about free games and the rules of the game
- Start - this button will start one spin of the reels with the current bet settings. If a spin is successful this will turn into the "Collect" button which you need to click if you want to collect your winnings. During reelspins, you can click on this button again to instantly stop the reels
To the left and right of the reels you will see 25 coloured boxes which are the paylines, the route of them are shown when you change your bet per line and when winning combinations land.
In the top right corner of the screen you will see an Exit button, to close the game, and a help button, which opens a detailed game description. Underneath these buttons is a musical note, to adjust the background music settings, a speaker icon that switches the sound on or off, an image of a screen with arrows pointing from the left and right sides to the middle, changes the screen to widescreen view and a box with arrows pointing from the centre to each corner which opens the full-screen mode. Underneath these buttons is a clock showing the current time. In the top left corner you will see Top Up and Pay In, click here to add credits to your account and the amount of reel spins is displayed underneath.
Reality Check - This new feature from Gaminator (Novomatic) is only available on the html5 version of this online one armed bandit. You can set it to interrupt your game after a certain time has passed and it will give you the statistics of your game play including session duration, how much you have bet, the amount of winnings you have received and your account history. You can then choose whether to continue to play or close the game.
A transparent box can be seen on the right side of the screen that has two sections, the top section opens the menu options and the bottom section allows you to spin the reels once or start the autospin mode.
By clicking on the Menu section you will see the following options:
- Sound - turns the sound on or off
- Music - switches the background music on or off
- Paytable - opens the paytable whose figures change to reflect your bet and line settings
- Top Up - click here to add more funds to your account, this is only available in the paid version of the game
- Exit Game - click here to exit the game
- Lines - the number of lines is fixed at 25 and cannot be changed
- Bet/Line - use the arrows above and below the numbers to change the amount of credits you wish to bet per line
- Max Bet - instantly sets the maximum bet and number of lines
- To manually stop the reels spinning, click anywhere on the reels
If you wish to switch the slot to Autospin mode:
Hover over the start button and click and hold the mouse button down, once the background of the button has changed colour from the top to the bottom, release the mouse button and the Autospins will start. Click this button again to immediately stop the Autospins.
The total bet for each spin is shown at the bottom of the screen. Below it you will see the balance in credits and the amount of credits previously won, displayed on the dark blue line. A clock showing the current time appears in the top left of the screen.
The team at NeonSlots hopes you have enjoyed the Aztec Power demo game, if you have, then you might like to play more Novomatic online slots for free, like Sweet Spins.