A Christmas Carol Slot Review
A Christmas Carol is a slot machine with 3D animated graphics by Betsoft that is based on the famous book that was written by Charles Dickens and has been the subject of many films. This Christmas slot is set in the bedroom of Scrooge, who looks very angry as he sits in his bed holding a candle, while snow falls outside the window. The Christmas Ghosts of Past, Present & Future will aid your game as they melt the cold heart of the most famous miser, Mr Scrooge.
|THEME||Christmas, TV & Films|
|Features||Freespins, 3D, Gamble Round|
The 5 reel online slot A Christmas Carol has 25 fixed paylines and comes with two types of free spins:
- Past Spins is a round that can involve 3 to 12 free spins. The bonus game is activated after three to five Scatter symbols Christmas Past occur on the game screen. Each spin in this round generates a guaranteed win. There is a possibility that during this bonus round, you will win free spins again
- Future Spins — a round that consists of 3, 6 or 12 free spins. To start it, you need to have 3, 4 or 5 Scatter symbols for Christmas Future on the reels. Each free spin generates a guaranteed winning combination on the screen. During the round, you have the chance to run the Future Spins bonus once again and also to trigger Past Spins
Symbols and Multipliers
Online slot A Christmas Carol has 10 ordinary symbols that can create winning combinations. Scrooge, a bell, a stack of coins, Christmas gifts and Scrooge´s Bank sign are themed and there are 5 silver playing card symbols. They can create winning combinations if 3, 4 or 5 appear along one of the active paylines, starting with the leftmost reel.
In addition to these symbols, this slot has 4 special images:
- Wild - is designed as a Christmas turkey and replaces other symbols in winning combinations, except Scatters and in its own combos, the Wild produces the biggest winnings
- Christmas Past - is a Scatter that triggers the Past Spins round where you get 3, 6 or 12 free spins
- Christmas Future - is a Scatter that activates the round of 3 to 12 Future Spins
- Christmas Present - is a Scatter that turns all the Ghost Scatter symbols into Wilds
A winning combination on the reels allows you to run a risk game where you have to guess the correct side of a coin. Clicking the Double Up button takes you to this round. If you manage to correctly guess (Heads or Tails), you will double your previous win and have two options:
- Continue the round by guessing the side of a coin
- Transfer the winnings to your balance and finish the game by clicking the Collect button
If you did not manage to guess correctly, your winnings are lost and the risk game ends.
How to Play A Christmas Carol
To begin playing on the slot, you need to get familiar with the functions of the main buttons on the control panel:
- "-" and "+" in Choose Coin - determine the nominal value of one credit
- from 0.02 to 1 game unit
- "-" and "+" in Bet Per Line - set the bet on a line from 1 to 5 credits
- Spin - sets the reels in motion and allows you to stop a spin
- Max Bet - starts a reel-spin with a maximum bet which is 5 credits
- Auto Play - opens a special window for setting the mode of automatic spins. Here you can choose the size of the bet, the denomination of a credit and the number of spins of the reels from 5 to 100. After setting all the necessary parameters to start auto spins click the OK button. Cancel is for returning to the normal game
- Double Up - a button that appears on the screen after a winning spin. Clicking it starts a risk game where you are given a chance to increase your winnings. Note that the Double Up button is not available during auto spins
To look through the rules of the game and information on winnings for combinations, use the View Pays button above the game screen.
The following information windows allow you to follow the progress of the game:
- Balance - the number of game units in your account
- Credit - shows the balance of credits in your account
- Bet - displays the bet on a spin from 25 to 125 credits
- Win - tells you the amount of the latest win
The A Christmas Carol game begins once you have determined the size of the bet and the value of a credit. Then you can start the reels spinning. If a winning combination of 3, 4 or 5 identical symbols comes up along a payline from left to right, you receive a prize. If two winning patterns occur on the game screen, the winnings for them are added up.
Our website allows you to play a free version of the Christmas Carol slot as well as other Christmas games.