Bermuda Mystery Slot by NextGen - Game Review & Play Free
The 5-reel Bermuda Mystery slot machine has 25 paylines. The slot by NextGen is themed to the mystery of the Bermuda Islands. It comes with a double-up game that allows you to increase your win several times. It also has free spins with multipliers. The bonus game allows you to get additional prizes. You can play for free the demo version of this game at NeonSlots.
Free spins and Bonus Game of the Online Slot
If three or more Scatters appear on the reels (pictures of a pilot), you will get 12 free spins. During free spins, the fifth reel is added with two radar symbols. Each image increases the multiplier of the reward for the current spin. Payouts in free spins are based on the bet that was active before the start of this round. You cannot retrigger them.
The bonus round starts when three or more symbols of the Bermuda Triangle appear along a payline. You are to explore an area. If you find a plane or a ship, you are awarded a prize. The search area is updated, you can look for other more valuable rewards. You search until you find something from this list:
- Flying saucer
- Broken compass
- Huge wave
- Wormhole in space
The bonus round can be triggered during free spins. If it happens, all winnings are multiplied by the multiplier active during free spins.
Symbols and Payouts of the Bermuda Mystery Slot
The Bermuda Mystery online slot machine has 10 symbols. Ten of them have multipliers that determine the prize. Three of them have special features.
The Wild symbol - the portrait of a pilot. It lands on the first, second and fourth reels. The icon can replace any other symbols except Bonus and Scatter. In this way, it completes winning combinations that wouldn't form otherwise. Besides, rewards received with the help of a pilot are doubled. Scatter - the picture with a gilded pilot badge. This icon can occur anywhere on the game screen. Regardless of its position, three or more of these symbols award you 12 free spins. The Bonus symbol - the picture of a map with the Bermuda Triangle. Three or more of these icons start the Rescue Bonus round
Values of symbols
The symbols of the Bermuda Mystery slot machine can be divided into high-paying (pictures of various objects) and low-paying (card values). High-paying symbols have the following multipliers:
- Plane - 5, 50, 200 and 5,000 for 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols in a combo
- Ship - 2, 25, 100 and 500
- Walkie-talkie and life jacket - 20, 25 and 200 for 3, 4 or 5 symbols in a combo
- Pilot badge - 2, 5, 15 and 200 for 2, 3, 4 or 5 icons
Card symbols go after:
- Ace and King - 15, 20 and 150 for 3, 4 or 5 symbols
- Queen and Jack - 10, 15 and 125
- Ten and Nine - 5, 10 and 100
The prize size depends on your bet and the number identical symbols in a combination. Let's look at how winnings are calculated using an example. Let's imagine we have a bet per line of 0.03 game units. With 25 active paylines, the total bet per spin is 0.75 game units. So:
- A couple of combinations lands on the reels, all of them involve the Wild symbol. This means that the reward will be doubled
- Three Nines along the first line (one Nine and two Wilds). Three Nines have the multiplier of 5. The prize is going to be the bet per line x5 and x2. This is 0.03 x 5 x 2 = 0.30
- Three life jackets along the second line (one jacket and two Wilds). Three life jackets have the x20 multiplier. The reward will be 1.20 according to the formula 0.03 x 20 x 2
- Two Queens and two Wilds along the third line. Four Queens have the x15 multiplier. The payout will be 0.03 x 15 x 2 = 0.90
- The total win = 0.30 + 1.20 + 0.90 = 2.40 game units
Bermuda Mystery Online Slot Gameplay
Bermuda Mystery online slot developed by NextGen has the following control buttons:
- Info - a button that opens the paytable and the description of bonus rounds
- Balance - a window that displays the number of credits in your account
- Autoplay - starts auto spins
- Lines - shows active paylines
- Max (next to Bet) - sets the highest possible bet per line
- Bet - your bet per line
- Total Bet - shows the total stake per spin in game units
- Gamble - starts the double-up game
- Spin - initiates one spins of the reels
- Win - shows your win in the current spin
Configuring the bet
To set the bet, you need to adjust two options - bet per line and the number of lines. The first is set using Bet. Hit the '+'/'-' buttons to set the value from 0.01 to 2 game units. Activate paylines using '+' and '-' in Lines. Click them to adjust from 1 to 25 paylines. So, the bet per spin changes within the following range:
- The minimum bet per spin is 0.01 x 1 = 0.01 game unit
- The maximum bet is 2 x 25 = 50 game units
Setting the reels in motion
After you've adjusted the bet, hit Spin or Autoplay to set the reels in motion. The latter button will open a window where you can set the number of auto spins on a scale of 0 to 100 using the slider. After you've chosen the value hit Start.
The Bermuda Mystery slot machine has an interesting gameplay with free spins and an interactive bonus game that awards you pretty high payouts. As a rule, rewards for spins cover your bet. Play online for free more slots with different themes and bonuses.