Online Game Review of A Switch in Time by Rival
A Switch in Time by Rival Gaming has 5 reels, 20 paylines and you can play it in free demo mode. It is themed to time travel and contains Wild, Scatter and Bonus symbols. You have a chance to increase your winnings with free spins and a bonus round.
A Switch in Time Free Spins
If three Scatters land on the reels in the main game, you get 12 spins with a multiplier of x3. Four Scatters produce 45 spins with a multiplier of x6 and five scatters give 78 free spins with a multiplier of x9.
During free spins, the Wild symbol multiplies the prize 3 times and it also expands to cover the whole reel. So, you get a chance to land more successful combinations.
The online slot A Switch in Time by Rival Gaming has a bonus round that sends you to the past or into the future. When three time machines appear on the reels, an animated screensaver with the inventor of the time machine appears and the Spin button turns into the Bonus button, click it to start the round.
You will see a scroll with a description of the game rules. Then a screen with a control panel of 15 buttons appears. Above them is a counter that shows different numbers depending on which buttons you click.
You need to click any 10 buttons. A scroll appears where the sum of your winnings is written and is equal to the amount displayed on the counter. Below you are invited to fly to the past or to the future. Click Continue to go on a journey in time.
When the bonus game screen loads, if you travelled to the past, all the symbols change to prehistoric dinosaurs, mammoths, primitive people and so on. The bet is calculated in the same way as in the main game and the gameplay remains the same, however, the multipliers for combinations are slightly different.
The best-paying symbol is the Wild which is the image of a fire with the word Wild:
- Three symbols - x12
- Four - x345
- Five - x6,789
They are followed by:
- Dinosaur - 10, 70, 802 and 1,895 for 2, 3, 4 and 5 symbols
- Primitive man - 20, 125 and 500 for 3, 4 or 5 symbols
- Sabre-toothed tiger - 15, 75 and 300
- Mammoth - 10, 50 and 200
- Pterodactyl -7, 40 and 150
- Stones with petroglyphs - 6, 30 and 125
- Wheel - 5, 25 and 100
- Hammer and arrows - 4, 20 and 75
- Hut - 3, 15 and 65
The Wild symbol still doubles the payout for any combination it participates in, but during free spins, it multiplies the prize 3 times and also expands to cover the whole reel.
The Scatter is a primitive woman and if three of these symbols appear on the game screen, you get 10 free spins, four gives 25 free spins and five symbols will start 50 free spins.
The Bonus symbol remains the same, it's a time machine and three or more will start the bonus round.
If the scroll of the bonus game says that you are flying into the future, it loads a round where all the symbols are futuristic. The gameplay remains the same as does the functions of the special symbols, however, there are slightly different multipliers for combinations.
The multipliers are:
- Wild symbol (molecule) - 12, 345 and 6,789 for 3, 4 or 5 symbols in a combination
- Smiling robot - 10, 70, 802 and 1,895 for 2, 3, 4 or 5 symbols
- Alien humanoid - 20, 125 and 800
- Orbital station - 15, 100 and 400
- Interplanetary ship - 12, 65 and 300
- City of the future - 10, 50 and 200
- Blaster gun - 8, 35 and 150
- Futuristic device - 5, 25 and 100
- Gadget - 4, 20 and 80
- Crystal - 3, 12 and 65
The Scatter turns into an alien and three symbols on the game screen award 10 free spins, four start 20 free spins and five launch 50 free spins. The Bonus remains the same the egg-shaped time machine and the Wild performs the same functions.
If you like slot games with unusual bonus rounds, the NeonSlots website has a variety of online slots to play for free in no download online mode.
Symbols of A Switch in Time Online Slot
With each spin, different symbols appear on the reels. If there are three or more identical pictures on neighbouring reels, along a payline, starting with the leftmost reel, you will get a prize. The value of the prize depends on three parameters:
- Bet per line
- Number and type of symbols
Multipliers for combinations are arranged in the following order:
- Hourglass with the word Wild - 12, 345 and 6,789 for 3, 4 or 5 symbols
- Portrait of the time machine inventor - 10, 70, 802 and 1,895 for 2, 3, 4 or 5 images
- Clock - 20, 125 and 400 for 3, 4 or 5 symbols
- Pocket watch - 15, 80 and 300
- Glasses - 10, 65 and 200
- Notebook and pen - 5, 50 and 150
- Carriage - 5, 25 and 125
- Lamp - 3, 20 and 100
- Decanter and glasses - 3, 15 and 65
- Trunk - 2, 10 and 65
A Switch in Time contains three special symbols.
- Wild - an hourglass with the word Wild, it can replace any image in a combination and doubles the winnings
- Scatter - the image of a girl with a mirror, a traveller's girlfriend, when three or more of these symbols land anywhere on the game screen, they trigger free spins
- Bonus - is a time machine designed as an egg, three or more along an active payline will trigger the bonus round
How to Play A Switch in Time
All control buttons and sections are found under the reels. Let's take a look at them from left to right:
- Last Win - a black circle that displays the win for the current spin
- Denomination - a light circle with the buttons '+' and '-'. It shows the value of a coin
- Coins - an option that indicates the size of the bet per line
- Total Bet - your total bet per spin
- Lines - shows the number of active paylines
- Select Coins - a button that regulates the bet on a line
- Select Lines - a button to activate paylines
- Bet Max - activates all paylines and sets the reels in motion
- Auto - turns on auto spins mode
- Spin - spins the reels once
- Options - additional settings (sound, speed, etc.)
- Balance - a window with your balance
Setting the Bet
To select a bet on a spin, adjust three options:
- Denomination - one coin contains from 0.01 to 0.25 credits. Change the value using the '+' and '-' buttons under the light circle
- Bet on a line - use the Select Coins button. Click it to select from 1 to 10
- The number of paylines - use Select Lines. Click it to involve from 1 to 20 lines
So, the minimum bet is 0.01 credits. To do this, set the denomination to 0.01, the bet on a line to 1 and activate one payline. The maximum is 50 and you can reach this figure with a coin value of 0.25, 10 coins per line and 20 paylines.
Starting the Reels
To start the reels, click one of the three buttons:
- Bet Max
- Auto (the auto spin mode is only available in the full version)
The slot machine A Switch in Time features a fascinating and carefully designed gameplay. This slot by Rival Gaming has beautiful graphics and nice music. During the game, you find yourself in the Victorian era, the prehistoric era or in the future. Each era has its own symbols and multipliers. In addition, you always have a chance to get free spins. During the bonus game, when you decide where to go, the counter pays a big prize. You have to be in it to win it, try a fully licensed casino's full version of A Switch in Time and play for real money.