The Deuces Wild Video Poker by Playtech
The Deuces Wild video poker is a virtual playing card game created by Playtech. By setting any of the five bet levels, you can play one hand with special rules. As a rule, Deuces are the lowest cards, but in this game they play the role of jokers by replacing the missing card in a combination. As a result, you are more likely to get a winning combination. The risk game is another advantage of this slot machine. You can activate it after each successful round (a deal after which you have collected one of the possible combinations).
How to play Deuces Wild
The demo version of the Deuces Wild game is available on our website. In it, you can use credits in order to get familiar with the rules and features of the slot machine. It is a virtual currency credited to your balance as the application loads. By default, the Credits window shows 10,000 credits.
The application follows the style of a slot machine found in offline casinos. It even has a virtual slot for coins. For that reason, the notion of coin is used in the game. Therefore, with the default exchange rate of coins into credits at 0.1, we can calculate that the total of 10,000 credits will be equal to 1,000 coins.
In the Choose coin section, you can change the exchange rate from 0.02 to 5. The amount in the Credits window changes depending on the chosen denomination. The lower the number, the more game currency will be in your account.
Keep in mind: it is credits that the slot machine itself uses for placing bets and calculating payouts. Consequently, the more credits you have, the longer your gameplay will last. It is a useful option when you're familiarising yourself with video poker.
The slot machine is easy to control. There are 8 buttons on the control panel:
- Bet One sets the bet. You increase the bet size by 1 credit each time you hit this button. You spend 1–5 credits per round
- Max Bet automatically sets the highest bet
- The Deal button launches the first stage of the round where the cards are dealt. After you choose the cards you want to keep, in order to collect a combination, the second stage becomes active where you can exchange cards
- 5 Hold buttons are used to mark the cards you want to keep after the re-deal. The buttons are found next to each other and each of them corresponds to the card above
You can "hold" cards without special buttons. Just click on the card with the left mouse button. A gold frame with the words Card Held will appear around the card.
Winning combinations and payouts
In order to win a round in Deuces Wild video poker, you have to collect one of the winning combinations. They are listed in the pay table. This table can be seen in the window above the five dealt cards. It contains not only the names of winning combinations but also shows the payouts in credits with various bet sizes. You get the biggest prizes for the combinations collected during the game with the highest bets.
Here are the winning combinations:
- Three of a Kind — three cards of the same rank and of different suits. In this case the ranking doesn't matter. Three of a kind threes award the same prize as three of a kind Aces. Payouts: 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 credits depending on the bet
- Straight — five cards of sequential rank and of different suits. For example 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 of different suits. Payouts: 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 credits
- Flush — five cards of one suit but of different ranks. In other words, any five spades will make this combination. Payouts: 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15
- Full House – two and three cards. You should get two cards of one rank and three of another. For example, two deuces and three sevens. Payouts: 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20
- Four of a Kind — 4 out of 5 cards have to be of the same rank. For example, four Kings. Payouts: 4, 8, 12, 16 and 20
- Straight Flush — five cards of sequential rank and of the same suit. For example, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 of clubs. Payouts: 9, 18, 27, 36 and 45
- Five of a Kind — five cards of the same rank. Payouts: 15, 30, 45, 60 and 75
- Deuces Royal Flush — 5 cards of the highest rank, all of the same suit: 10, Jack, Queen, King and Ace. This combination is special in that the joker (deuce) can replace any required card. Payouts: 25, 50, 75, 100 and 125
- Four Deuces — these are four deuces. Payouts: 200, 400, 600, 800 and 1,000
- Natural Royal Flush consists of 10, J, Q, K and A of the same suit without a joker. Payouts: 250, 500, 750, 1,000 and 4,000 credits
Any of the combinations described above, except for the two last ones, can be collected with a special card — the deuce. A deuce can replace any missing card in a winning combination.
After each successful round (when you get one of the combinations listed above) the pay table appears an additional window with an offer to play the risk game. You can accept this offer by clicking the Double button or refuse to gamble and click Cancel. Bear in mind that by accepting this offer you set the bet — your total prize for the round. If you turn down the double-up game, the prize is credited to your balance.
You trigger an additional deal of cards by activating the risk game. Only one of these cards, the first one, is face-up. It is the dealer's card. You need to select one of the four cards, aiming to choose one that has a higher rank than the dealer's card. So, if the dealer has a five, you have to select the card that will be higher in rank.
There are three possible outcomes of the risk game round:
- You lose when the dealer's card is higher than yours. In this case, the amount staked in the risk game is erased
- The round can end in a tie — when both the face-up and face-down cards are of the same rank. Therefore, you still have your initial bet amount which does not double and can be gambled again
- You win when your card is of a higher rank than the dealer's. In this case, your prize for the round is doubled and you are encouraged to try the risk game again and multiply your payouts
You can stop after one or several successful rounds in the risk game. When the slot offers you another round, you can collect the prize with the Collect button.
The Deuces Wild video poker by Playtech is an unusual version of slots of this type. You get the chance to improve the odds of getting a combination and increasing the prizes in the risk game. Like any other digital game, Deuces Wild has both advantages and disadvantages.
The disadvantages include:
- Low bets,
- Old-fashioned graphic design
The advantages include:
- A high theoretical return to player — 98.91%,
- A chance to complete winning combinations with a special card,
- The double-up game. You are likely, to some extent, to increase your prize 2, 4 or more times during the bonus rounds
- It is quite simple to control this slot machine, even a beginner will feel confident
The demo version will help you to become familiar with, not only the rules of this specific application, but also the basics of the classical card game, before you begin to play with a real-life opponent. If you play the maximum bet, your biggest reward in this slot will be 4,000 credits for Natural Royal Flush. In the Deuces Wild video poker slot, the theoretical return to the player is 98.91%.